Chapter 66: Taken

Start from the beginning

Your POV

Come on! I need a sign! God damnit Korra I can't lose you too! Then there's a small blue sparkle in front of me, then it flies off, yet it stops after it gets a decent distance away, I fly up to it, and it flies away again. Then I fly up to it but don't stop, it starts flying again, I follow it to a mountain range about half an hour away. Then I feel it, her. I'm coming Korra, just hang on a little bit longer.

Korra POV

Oh god, this fucking glass I swear to god. My feet were all bloody, my mid-section was killing me, and I was running out of time. Then there's a loud thud, I ignore it and continue to try and find the code.

Your POV

I fly right into the mountain towards Korra's energy. Eventually I fly into an abandoned lab of some kind, then I see him, Talon, looking into a large brick box of some kind.

You: "Hey!" He turns around surprised. I study him up, an old man with... What the hell was- Then I see Korra's clothes on a small table, oh he was not watching her like that! "Oh You Son Of A Bitch! I'll Kill You!" I release my claws and feel that same energy as when I fought Hades flow through me again. I charge him and sink my claws into his chest while blasting him through the wall and against the other. Yet he still just laughs as he coughs blood.

Talon: "Tick tock." I look over and see Korra crying, then I look over the ground, and see it's covered in glass... and her bare feet bloodied. And a weird metal belt around her stomach.

Korra: "I'm sorry M/N... There's no time left..." What?

You: "What do you mean Korra?"

Korra: "This belt's bolted into me, in 2 minutes it's going to extend, and rip me in half." She says crying harder now. No... I turn back to Talon.

You: "Where's the key?! How do we deactivate it?!" He just laughs again. I look around and see the safe in the middle of the room. I walk over, ignoring the glass, and slice it open, revealing 3 different keys, a bronze, silver, and gold one. "Which one?!" He shrugs.

Talon: "Times ticking away, choose wisely."

Korra: "M/N we have 30 seconds!"

Evelyn: 'My favorite.' I hear Evelyn's voice say, I flip to the silver key and stick it in then turn it, it clicks and I rip off the belt right as it shoots out, leaving 4 holes around her mid rift. I pick her up and set her down on the table outside of it.

You: "Don't move." Then I walk back into the room and readjust the timer on the belt, then attach it to him, his eyes go wide as I do. "You turn." I pick up the keys and hold them out to him, but before he can grab them I melt them in my palm and walk out and pick up Korra, then fly out of the mountain as I hear him scream, now he, he deserved that.

*TIMESKIP*

I'm sitting out in the courtyard of the temple, watching the white mist from my breath dissipate into the air. I let him take her. I let that bastard hurt her. I failed her. I keep repeating the same things in my head over and over. I made her go through that pain. She hurt because of me. I stand up and walk back into the temple towards the healing tubs. But on my way there I see Katara pushing Korra out with her feet wrapped up in a wheelchair. Katara stops her next to me then walks off.

Korra: "H-hey." I just keep looking at her feet, the bandages were already beginning to look bloody again. I feel the tears begin to roll down my cheeks. "Hey? What's wrong? They aren't gone M/N, I'll be fine in less than a month."

You: "I let him hurt you..." I croak out. She grabs my hand.

Korra: "No, you saved me from him." I shake my head.

You: "I should never have had to save you. I-if I would have found you sooner, or just killed him..."

Korra: "M/N... Please, don't blame yourself for this..." No, I have to, it's my fault.

You: "No, it's all my fault... I-I should have known where he was, I-I should have been better for you..." She sighs.

Korra: "M/N, you beat him, alright? He's gone, now please, don't feel guilty about this."

Korra POV

While we're lying together I hear him, almost like he's whimpering, I sit up, but immediately fall back to the bed, and stomach and back were both killing me far too much. I scoot closer to him, and sure enough, I hear him talking to himself.

You: "You fucking idiot... How could you let this happen...? You let the person you'd literally do anything in the entire world for get hurt... You let the only person who's keeping you alive get taken..." I sigh, he was blaming himself. I tap his shoulder and he rolls over slowly. His eyes were reddened and puffy from crying. "I-I'm so sorry Korra..." Then he begins crying again. "I-I should have been there..."

Korra: "But you were there M/N. You saved me, I'm alive. I'm ok M/N, I'm ok now." He blinks a few times trying to calm down.

You: "I-I let him..."

Korra: "No, you didn't let him take me, I didn't listen to you, and even then, you still came to save me."

You: "You and I both know I would have come no matter what you did."

Korra: "Please M/N, stop blaming yourself for things like this, it's not healthy."

You: "I... Ok, I'll try." He sits up and swings his legs off the bed he rubs his hand across his face, I could tell he had gotten no sleep last night. I also saw the new nasty scar he had from when I found him in that cave.

Korra: "What's this one from?" I ask him.

You: "You're gonna have to be more specific." He says laughing.

Korra: "This one." I run my hand over it. "It's new."

You: "Yea, I got harpooned." Uh...? What?

Korra: "Excuse me?"

You: "They shot a harpoon in me, then it extended these 5 barb thingies to hold it in place so hey could drag me back to them, and I think it's so noticeable because of the poison."

Korra: "Get back down here, I can tell you're exhausted." He sighs but lies back down, and I see another scar right above his belly button. "What's this one from?" It was a large circular scar with uneven edges around it.

You: "Harpoon again." What...?

Korra: "So you're saying that it went all the way through your gut?" He nods.

You: "Yea, hurt like hell."

Korra: "So, did she give you this one too?" I say as I rub my hand across his cheek. He nods.

You: "Yea, she was quite the bitch with the scars."

Korra: "M/N, do you love me?" He looks over to me confused.

You: "Of course I do. I love you more than anything in the world."

Korra: "Ok then, stop blaming yourself, it's eating away at you M/N, I can tell."

You: "I can't Korra, the nightmares..." What? I thought they were gone? "They're back, I-I don't know why, but I keep reliving these things again Korra, except now it's not just my family's deaths... It's all the times I've failed to keep you safe..."

Korra: "Have you slept at all in the past week?" He shakes his head.

You: "I can't go to sleep, not anymore..." Then he sits back up and walks out, but he stops at the door. "Somebody must have warned of this Korra..." What?

Korra: "What? What do you mean?"

You: "That I'm going insane Korra, that my mental state is a crumbling mess. I don't sleep, I keep having these flashbacks, the nightmares keep getting more and more realistic as well, and every time I turn a corner I think there's someone standing there... Korra, I'm fucked up again, whatever this poison did to me, it brought me back to where I was before I met you... it brought me back to hell..."

A/N: Anybody guess what movie this chapter is based on?