Maybe he doesn't know?... Of course, he does! It's Benjamin, he and Reginald know everything about everyone's business. 

I whined internally. I forgot Reginald could know part of this as well. He was on a totally different spectrum of nosey. Going with my clearly optimistic side, I thought nothing of it as I walked into the dining room to see the twins giggling as their food was no longer on their little trays but scattered on the floor and on my mother's shirt. She sighed heavily, and I walked over starting to help clean the floor. She looked over and gave me a small smile.

" You don't have to sweetheart. You have school.. " She said, but from the tone of her voice, I knew she was grateful.

" It's ok mom. You don't look the brightest today. " I said, and she nodded. 

" This morning wasn't off to a great start, your father has been on edge lately and trying to calm him, get a full night's rest and tend to the children while Benjamin and Reginald are busy is a hassle. " She said, and I could tell she was tired. Reginald walked into the room as he dried his hands off and tsked at my mother.

" Now you listen here. You are going to march up those stairs, hop in the rose petal bath I set and afterward, get into bed for a nap. I thought I told you to call Benjamin to watch over the little ones. " My mother pouted.

" B-but you were washing dishes and Ben was upstairs, and I just wanted to help. " He shook his head. 

" These children already run you wild during the night when we're not here. You can barely keep your eyes open, and Mr. Russel is not making things any easier. Trust me I know. Now I don't want to hear another word. " He said, and she sighed as she stood up and gave him a genuine smile. 

" Thank you, Regi. " He scoffed.

" What are you thanking me for? The bath is getting cold, chop chop! " He said dramatically, and she kissed my forehead before going up the stairs. I looked over to Reginald who was paying me no mind.

" If I were you, I would just head to school. I may know something that I don't need to know... who knows.. " He said, and I quickly turned and ran for the door. I closed it behind me and looked to see Kimiko standing at the car with an irritated look on her face. I speed-walked over to her, and she scoffed.

" About time you showed- " I spoke lowly, cutting her off. 

" I think Benjamin and Reginald know what happened the night of the auction. " She stared at me as if she couldn't believe it.

" They know? " She whispered, and I sighed.

" I think they do! They were acting weird this morning. " I said, and we both went quiet as George exited the car and came over to open the door for us. I smiled at him.

" You didn't have to George... we were eventually going to get in.. " He gave me a knowing look. 

" Keyword: eventually, Delilah. " We thanked him as we entered the car and he went back to the front. He pulled off and Kimi and I stayed quiet as there was some tension building in the car. Feeling it, George sighed as he lifted the partition and blocked himself from our conversation. We simultaneously looked back to each other, and she was the first to speak.

" We could be overthinking this... Maybe they know something else? " She said trying to reason otherwise, but we both didn't want to admit what could be true. I didn't respond, and if knowing this conversation was best save for a different time, we dropped the subject.

Eventually, we reached school grounds, and George opened the door for us to step out. I thanked him one last time, and we made our way inside to our classes.