Chapter Twenty One.

Start from the beginning

I cried yet again. "Oh my gosh! You're the best Luci! I'm r-really, re-eally sorr-y!!" I stammered to get the words out.

"God I want to punch you sometimes Mace." she chuckled and hugged me with one arm. "I've never seen you so protective of someone though, not even for me." she says sadly.

"Aw come on that's not true; there was never a time where I had to coz they'd be on the ground and in pain in a matter of seconds." I joked.

She just rolled her eyes and turned into our driveway. She parked in the back. I walked ahead of her and opened the heavy doors to the infirmary. Mila rushed passed me, her front was covered in blood.

I looked into th room she dashed into. There in the center of the room a familiar scene before me made me weak in the knees. Again, one of my best friends were laying on the stainless steel table, covered in blood while Joel, Mila and Carmen worked around her.

"She'll be okay Mace." Luci said beside me. I nodded and sat myself on a waiting chair.

~

A couple days later I was informed that Carter got away. He left a string of murdered people around the town in his wake.

Pippa woke up disorientated and scared as hell but other than that, she healed well. They told me to calm her down, she was hysterical. Running around in my room like a crazed person but I could tell she was doing it out of fear. Carter tortured the poor girl mentally and hurt her to get her to tell him where "the wolves" were. But she never knew because I told her nothing about my life. He messed her up pretty bad.

Her mindset is all over the place. "Calm down Pip." I say in a soft and relaxed tone.

"I just want to go home!" she wailed and crumbled in a corner. "He said he wasn't done with me. He said he'll be back and when he does come back he won't be as soft. Can you believe it! Carter was my boyfriend and he tortured me!" she screamed. "He loved me and I loved him back. We were going to get married! I don't know what I did to deserve this. The Carter I knew is gone." she cried. I let her scream til she no longer could and hugged her defeated form on the floor. "Make it go away Masyn. Please." she begged.

I nodded as if I knew what she truely wanted. I pulled back and looked into her blood shot and scared eyes. "Everything is going to be okay. You have no memory of the event. You are a typical teenage girl, you are one of my best friends. You will no longer have memories of your boyfriend Carter and what has happened." I said in a smooth tone I always heard Vicki use when she used compulsion on people. "You are going to tell your parents you stayed at my house for a little while, you are going to tell them you are sorry. They will understand that you were safe the whole time but in due time will forgive you. You will tell them you called it off with Carter and you were upset and mad at them. You will forget it. Everything will be normal right after this." The words flowed through me like nothing. I just told a huge lie.

She looked at me blankly and blinked a couple of times. "Masyn?" she says and looks around, confused.

"Yeah?"

"What the heck are we doing on your floor?" she looked around and at the clothes she was dressed in.

"You came to my house coz you were mad at your parents so you insisted we go out last night, so we went-"

She shook her head. "Wait, wait, wait! We went out last night and you came? I mean, YOU came out with me?" she asked in disbelief.

"Well I didn't want to make you feel like crap by not going and you were so down in the dumps so Morgan and Luci came along." I shrugged as if that was the truth.