Chapter 22

Zach Carter POV:

I was still at one of our warehouse when the message from Darius came in:

My Prince 👑💜: Need to see you. Right fucking now Zacharee.

Me: I'll be at the park in 10 minutes.

There have been moments when Darius has asked to meet me but never a time when he has demanded that he see me right this second. I didn't even need to think twice about it before I was hollering out to Simeon "SIMMY!" He came rushing in probably thinking I've dropped one of our more expensive items but when he saw me just standing there he rolled his eyes and asked me "what the hell do you need and you're never cold so what's up with the jacket?"

"I'm burning up but it fit my badboy look today. Soo you know how you're my bestest best friend in the whole wide world? Well I need you to cover for me while I go and check on my baby."

Simeon seemed to catch my distressed despite my playful tone and immediately asked "is Darius okay? Do you need me to come along? Is he in trouble?" I sighed while taking in the appearance of my best friend much too loving for mere mortal words to express. "I just think he needs to talk to me about something important Simmy. Thank you for worrying though. It means a lot that you care for him too."

He gave me a small broken smile and said "I care because he makes you happy. Go check on your prince, you twat."

I was tempted to stay in order to not leave him with Luke and his feelings but instead I called back to him "pass me Luke's keys and tell him I have the car. I'll probably be back in time to pick you guys up. If not. Uber." He rolled his eyes but threw me the keys. Honestly, Simeon and I drive Luke's car more than he ever does. Apart of me swears he only brought this exact car because he heard Simeon moaning about hating to walk and gushing over the black Bentley flying spur model 2018 w12 but the asshole wouldn't do that... Unless it's out of spite. He probably just wanted a car to be able to fuck girls in when necessary.

The car is a fucking beauty though so I don't complain about his motives. He claims to do so much for me yet here I am pushing drugs thanks to him and my dad. Not the ideal life bro.

I broke the speed limit to be there in under 10 minutes and when I caught sight of my prince shaking on the bench I knew something was up because 1) he literally is always cold so he always wears a jacket and 2) it's the middle of the afternoon but he's actually outside wearing his pyjamas. I know he does it at night when he meets me but never in broad daylight for fear of his parents finding out. Him doing this means that something is definitely wrong. I immediately handed him my coat and nearly died when I saw what someone has fucking done to his face yet again. Surely it must be a crime to slap around someone who doesn't even do anything except insult people from time to time.

As I sat with him in my arms and watched his perfect doll facade crumble I almost broke with him seeing how much his family is hurting him. I'll never be able to explain how much worse it is to see someone you care for deeply in pain compared to when you yourself are in pain. They don't even match up a little bit. Their pain is always far worse so all I could do was comfort him and reassure him that his glasses wearing, pyjama loving self is completely fine.

I didn't expect to blurt out that I want him to live with me in summer but it's been on my mind. Although I told him this and watched his big blue eyes look pleased at the thought I knew that just like how he had spilled all his truths and laid himself bare I need to do the same.

I hate showing the ugly ass scar to anyone and from his facial expression is pretty obvious how horrible it looks but he deserves to know the facts of who I am.