Chapter 16

Darius Rhys POV:

After he landed me at the park I made the peaceful walk to my house perfectly content with my life and the way it is going right now.

There's just something about Zach.

Maybe it's the way his hair falls perfectly, or perhaps it's the way he listens to my silence, then again it could be the way he holds me tight and makes me feel as though I am the most important person to him and he's afraid I may not be there if he let's go. I'm not in love or anything like that. I know far better than to fall in love with someone's Saturday best, I need to see him break down and fall for his Friday night worst when it all seems to be crashing down for him. Though, if I could fall in love with anyone I have no doubts in my mind that I would choose to fall for Zacharee time and time again.

I automatically begin smiling when I see my ginger haired friend standing on my front steps eagerly smiling and awaiting the run down of my whole day knowing fully well that I have no friends called Jack and Jill so I must've been with Zach.

She sprints full force ahead and jumps on to me as if my small frame could catch her. I did but she's lucky I am feeling pleasant tonight. When I finally put her down trying not to smudge my glasses she squeals "you look like that perfect moment when you bring someone to their orgasm. If there was an outfit for that facial expression of pleasure it would look like this...Fucking hell dress like this all the time and I bet Zach will consider tapping that ass."

She smacks my ass and bats her eyes saying "so tell me about Zach. I have cookies n cream icecream, haribos and the kettle on your floor is boiling for some hot chocolate if it all went to shit. If not then I guess it's a celebration slumber party."

I only giggled and said "you bet your ass it's a 4th of July type of Celebration." Which caused her to whoop and holler for the other mansions around to hear.

To avoid meeting anyone in the elevator while I am dressed like this (God forbid my parents or siblings actually see me dressing how I like for once) we actually ran up all those flights of stairs to reach my floor. I didn't even get changed before dragging her into my living room and telling her about everything from our fatass ways to the kiss at the end. 

After our talk, two cups of hot chocolate, a bag of haribos, two tins of icecream, 2 and half movies later we made our way unto my bed and fell asleep each of us clutching one of my teddy bears and me thanking the universe for every single moment I have spent with Zach.

When I woke up on Sunday morning Sammy was long gone probably to clean the rest of the house but I awoke with a text from her:

Big booby ginger 😋: Zach sounds so sexy I think he made me have a wet dream... On a real note though... You should probably ask him where this is going??? If it isn't going anywhere better to leave now. Have a good Sunday thot 😌 P.S how did ya fit all that ass in them jeans

Me: It's going somewhere. From what I saw he likes me just as much as I like him. P.S I told ya lazy bitch ass to do squats. It works b 🍑

I'm saying that but I haven't heard anything from Zach this morning. Nothing at all. No missed calls, no text. I'm going to assume he's still sleeping.

3 hours later and I'm still waiting for a call or a text from Zach. I was trying to hold my pride together but fuck pride. After a date like last night he's a one in a million kind of guy and you do one in a million kind of things for those people. Even if it's just texting them first:

Me: Hey... Um... So you know how I called you rude when we first met? This is rude. No call, no text?? What's going on with you? Even before we went on our date you would text me a lot and I'd have dumb shit to watch when you sent me snaps???? What's up??? 

3 hours later and this bitch still hasn't texted me back. It's cool. Not like I caught feelings or anything. Before I knew it I was dressed for Sunday dinner in a white button down shirt, grey formal trousers and I was honestly tempted to go in my sliders but I thought best not to provoke the assholes so I put on my grey flare shadow suede louboutins (those shoes are in my top 5 by the way. Comfortable as fuck.)

Thankfully my father didn't decide to break his usual routine of staying quiet and everyone else followed in looking just as over the top as always. 

Father finally spoke up "this month we will be hosting our annual Halloween gala. I expect all of you to be dressed to impress. I know my wife, daughter and son will be but I need to ensure you know for a fact you can't be looking homeless Darius." I was going to respond but he cut me off swiftly "don't think the maids to not gossip about you leaving the house in your glasses, night clothes and wearing ridiculous clothing that is 'ripped'. I draw the line at this event and that is final." 

"Yes father." Not that I care. If all goes well hopefully I can run off at some point and see... Zach?

Just to add more fuel to a burning fire Demitri begins slow clapping looking far too smug for my liking before adding in his two cents "father why do you insist on saying these things to him. He's a lost cause and most definitely our families greatest disappointment. You shouldn't think too hard over mothers failed abortion."

My family needs someone to take their sadness out on so my father simply clinks his glass against my brothers in agreement while my mother smiles and Stella pretends to be staring up at our ceiling.

That's of course how the rest of the dinner went. Them all criticising and Stella pretending like she can't hear it. As soon as the time was 6:55 I begged to be excused and much to my displeasure so did Stella. We got in the lift together and I made sure to stand as far away from her as possible.

"You know I hate when they are mean to you Darius I truly do." She spoke in almost a whisper.

"You know I hate when someone has the ability to speak up and instead they stay quiet and let someone else suffer." As I reached my floor and the doors opened I turned to look to my sister "I don't need your apologies Stella. I needed you help. With that fuck off" and I simply stepped unto my floor like this conversation never happend.

At 11pm as I lay in bed Zacharee's reply came:

Zacharee (my future 💜): I've been busy. Goodnight Darius.

I never thought I'd understand when people said their disappointment physically tugs at their heart strings but now I get it because it went on like this for 2 weeks into October before I got a text one Friday morning before school:

Rude asshole: We need to talk. 

Then a sense of dread kicked in like never before.