p s y c h o - 9

•••

"Thea, who's this?"

His voice rang through my mind, I looked up and my eyes met the same silver, ones. Nate

I smiled and stood up, linking arms with his, his body went tense, "Marcl, his name is Marcl" I whispered to Nate. Marcl, stood up and extended his hand to Nate, "I'm Thea's, old high school friend" he smiled.

Nate shook his hand, and I sat back down, to only see Marcl packing up to leave, "going so soon?" I asked, a bit of sadness in my tone, Marcl gave me a sympathetic smile, "I got a flight to see my future wife tonight" he winked, and patted Nate's shoulder. I watched him walk through the doors and leave.

I sighed and took a sip of my coffee, Nate sat across from me, and stared at me, as if I've done something wrong. "You okay?" I asked, and set my cup down. He just kept staring at me, I only started to get scared when his hands started to shake, and he started to growl. "Nate?" I sat up and sat next to him. He never took his eyes off of me.

I started to shake him a bit, "Nate! What's wrong, you're worrying me!" I raised my voice, but enough to not make a scene in the cafe. His shaking started to sooth down, and he stopped and held my hand tightly, "don't ever hang out with him, understand?" Nate angrily told me. "I can hang out with whoever I want, Nate what's up with you?" I raised my voice. why was he so possessive?

"It wasn't a question" Nate grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the cafe, he didn't stop to let me catch up to him, I kept tripping over rocks, as he dragged me to who knows where? "Nate, stop we can talk!" I tried to pull back, but Nate only pushed me into his chest.

"Shut up!, we're going to my apartment, and I'll tell you who you can hang out with!" His voice was venom, I've never seen him so worked up before. I looked down, and proceeded to walk with him.

Nate tapped the code to his apartment, and walked me in. I took in everything in his apartment, it was huge, the kitchen was right on the left, and the living room just in front of it, the view of New York was just in view a few kilometres away I gasped as Nate pulled me into what I assumed was his room. "Sit" he said. I obeyed and sat on his bed. Feeling the bed dip, I looked over to see Nate clenching his fist.

"Why were you with him?" He tried to stay calm. Why was he all up in my business?

I sighed, and sat closer to Nate, "I didn't know he'd be there, I was just getting coffee, and he called out my name, then we caught up on things, he has a girlfriend, and we were high school friends" I explained to him.

Nate got a little bit more soft, and calm, but his eyes stayed the same dark silver colour. "Sorry" Nate whispered and looked down, I grabbed his chin and smiled, "dont be, I'd be mad too if I saw my only friend talking to someone else" I chuckled. Nate sighed, and walked out the room, I followed, and we ended up in the living room, sitting together.

"Movie?" Nate asked and extended his arm to drake over mine. I nodded and got comfortable, making sure I wasn't too comfortable with him, afraid of being clingy. We watched a nice romance movie together, Nate didn't care he just wanted to forget lashing out on me. It was so weird, experiencing his mood change in one second.

Eventually my eyes grew heavy, and I found myself fast asleep on Nate's chest, and his arm over him.

Nate

She was asleep on me, I didn't want to move, afraid of waking up the precious human beside me. Her phone started to ring, and the caller ID read mum I picked up the phone, realising it was already sunset. And it was too late for her to go home.

"Hello, Thea?" Her mother's panicked voice echoed through the phone.

"Oh, ms Herwork, yes Thea is sleeping at the moment, im afraid it's too late to drop her off home, as much as I'd love to, it's too dangerous at this time at night" I said lovingly to her.

Her mothers breathing calmed down, and she gulped.

"Alright, thank you so much, Nate? Is it, yes please take good care of her" she said, and I thanked and bid my goodbye. Her mother let her off easily, she was staying the night.

I got my extra shirt, and sweatpants, and left it beside her. I wrote a note explaining everything, and left to meet Lenny somewhere, I was growing too attached, and I shouldn't, I will make her mine, but kill her. That's how it's always been.

I met up with Lenny, at the back of an old base ball field, as cliche as it sounded, that was the only quiet place in town, "so who's in the list tonight?" Lenny asked as he and the other mates laughed, at my other men playing a mini game of baseball.

Lenny swung his bat around and pointed at me, he raised his eyebrow, "wow you didn't answer quick this time, tell me, who is it? You're really thinking about this one" he taunted me, smirking. Lenny was right, whenever I would think really hard to kill someone, I either really hated them, or just didn't want them on earth anymore.

"Do you know a guy named Marcl?"

•••

What is Nate up to?