bad boy [adam banks]

"Hello hello everybody!" You greeted your friends as you sat down with them. "Hey (Y/N)!" They all greeted. You sat down across your best friend, (Y/B/F/N). Your seat on your lunch table was perfect enough to see almost every corner of the lunch room. As usual, your eyes lurked around and inspected everyone they laid themselves upon.

Today, they landed on the school's resident bad boy, Adam Banks. He and his friends-slash-teammates didn't sit far from you and your friends' table. The thing about you was that you do not break eye contact. Ever. Adam Banks caught you looking and shot you a wink and a smirk. You rolled your eyes with a chuckle as you looked down but quickly looked back up after you realized that you broke eye contact.

When you looked up, he was still looking at you as he sat down and made a few remarks at his friends' conversation. "Hello? Earth to (Y/N)?" Your best friend said as she waved her hand in front of your face. You didn't realize she was talking to you until she did that. "I'm sorry, what?" You asked her. She smiled at you knowingly. "Well I'll be damned. Did I just catch you lock eyes with Adam Banks?" Your other friend asked. "No." You lied with a chuckle of disbelief.

"Okay, if not then tell us why he's still looking this way." Another friend said as all of you turned to look at Adam. Just as she had said, he was still looking at you. He looked at you with a flirtatious smirk that you knew all too well. He's used it on almost all girls he's hit on. "Oh my god! What the hell?!" You laughed as you looked away.

"Looks like you're his next target." Your best friend smirked. "Next target? (Y/B/F/N), that doesn't sound too positive. He's just gonna get what he wants and a few kisses out of me then he'll move on to the next girl he hasn't hit on yet." I replied. It was the cold hard truth. Word goes around that Adam Banks has hit on at least half of Eden Hall's girls.

"Oh c'mon, (Y/N)! Are you really gonna believe in the stupid rumor that Adam Banks is a playboy?" She pushed. You thought about it. You didn't want to tell her your real answer because you still believed that deep down, Adam was not who people thought he was. "Yes." You said confidently. "No, you're not." She countered.

You've liked Adam Banks for as long as you can remember. You went to middle school together and you always found him to be one of the most attractive boys. Ever since he came into Eden Hall and played for JV after the Junior Goodwill Games, he's morphed into this bad boy, playboy, everyone-know-he's-rich, girls-would-drop-their-panties, jock and extra hot kind of guy. You wondered why he couldn't be like his best friend Charlie who's wholeheartedly dedicated to Linda. In fact, you wondered where all his bad boy traits came from.

"He drives a 1995 Mercedes Benz SL500." One of your friends pointed out. "What do I care about his car?" You snapped. "I dunno. Maybe catch a ride on it or something." He shrugged. You laughed at your friend's obnoxiousness. "C'mon (Y/N), if Adam Banks asks you out on a date, go for it." Your best friend pushed. "You know you want to." She added.

You looked back at Adam Banks who still hasn't taken his eyes off of you and sighed. Why the hell did he have to make such a name for himself? This would've been so much easier if he didn't.

+++

After your last class of the day, you started to walk home while listening to Backstreet Boys on your Walkman. You weaved your way through the many students along the parking and held your head low to avoid any human contact. You were listening to 'I'll Never Break Your Heart' when you heard someone else singing to it beyond the voices you heard on your headphones.

You turned your head around to look for the owner of the voice only to find the bad boy himself, Adam Banks, leaning on his car and singing your current favorite. Your friend was right about his car: a 1995 Mercedes Benz SL500. "I'll never break your heart. I'll never make you cry. I'd rather die than live without you." He sang as you stopped and looked at him with an amused smile.

"So you're into Backstreet Boys?" You asked. You had to wonder where all this courage was coming from, you usually keep to yourself in almost all situations. But you liked the adrenaline pulsing through your veins and the feeling of your heart beating rapidly. Adam shrugged as he straightened himself up. "Maybe. Just thought it'd catch your attention seeing as you look like an avid fan." He said with a shy shrug.

You walked near him and clutched the books in your arms even tighter. "Oh so you can read through people too?" You asked, highly amused at him and yourself. "Maybe." He replied with a sly smile.

"So is it true what they say about you? Have you really hit on half of the girls in this school?" You asked. You mentally kicked yourself for asking such a question. You didn't think it was right to even ask that out loud to anyone. "Maybe." He smirked. Behind that smirk, you could see it in his eyes that the answer to your question was a no and he was only answering that way to catch your attention.

"So are you really a bad boy now? Last I recall, you were the shy type in middle school." You smirked to match his. If this was considered flirting then you were shocked to be doing pretty well so far. "Maybe..." He shrugged with the same smirk. Again, you knew the answer to this was a sure no. "Am I just collecting 'maybes' from you or am I gonna get a proper response?" You asked. "Am I just gonna get interrogated or are we going to have an actual conversation?" He shot back.

You smiled in amusement. He sure knew how to match your quick thinking and sly responses. "What do you want from me, Adam?" You asked calmly despite having not just butterflies but a whole zoo in your stomach. "Let me take you home. Give you a ride, buy you a coke, whatever." He answered. "And then what? Flatter me with your charm? Make me fall madly in love with you so you can get what you want? And then leave me shattered and heartbroken?" You asked while rolling your eyes.

"That's scarily detailed, (Y/N). Now what is it that I want exactly?" He asked as he moved closer to you. He was so close that you could barely fit a ruler in between the two of you. "Oh don't be daft. You just want to collect girls. Do it all for show. Kiss them, flatter them, whatever you mad boys want. Now I'm gonna tell you that you cannot fool me into whatever spell you're putting on me." You answered as you rolled your eyes and shoved a finger into his chest.

"Looks like you're still the same smart girl who knows everything about everyone from middle school." He chuckled which made you chuckle too. You did have a bad habit of thinking you know people and everything about them. "But no, none of the above. Just a coke and to drive you home." He said shyly while looking down. He blushed and he looked like a lovestruck boy out of the movies. You thought about it. This was your middle school cru– no. This was your one and only lifelong crush asking you to snag a coke and drive you home. Were you really gonna pass?

"If I'm going to keep getting a collection of 'maybes' from you then you can go home, buddy." You smiled as you started to walk off, hoping he'd pull you back. "Hey," He said as he grabbed your wrist firmly. You looked at his hand on your wrist then up at him. "I may have given you the impression of being unsure of things and obviously the school gave you the idea that I'm a playboy or whatever, but there's one thing I'm sure of and always will be sure of."

"And what is that?" You asked him while looking him dead in the eye. This was always your trick to see how genuinely people meant what they said. He didn't hold back and drilled his eyes into yours as well. "You." He replied. You rolled your eyes with an amused smile as you let him lead you to the passenger seat of his convertible.