midnight [charlie conway]

just a word of warning, this oneshot tackles the topic of divorce. if anyone feels uncomfortable with it, you may opt to skip this chapter. my dms are also open any time for anything

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

It was already midnight when you came knocking loudly at Charlie's dorm room. "Charlie! Charlie, wake up! It's me, (Y/N)." You said through sobs. It took a while before a sleepy Charlie opened the door for you. "(Y/N)?" He said, confused that you were there at midnight. You pounced onto him in a hug and he hesitantly wrapped his arms around you, but when he did you felt so safe and loved. 

"Charlie, who is it?" The sleepy voice of Adam filled the air. "It's (Y/N)." Charlie answered as he led you into their dorm room. You didn't stop sobbing and the only thing that kept your body from shaking was Charlie's tight hug. He didn't let go of you when he sat the two of you down on his bed. In fact, he held you even tighter. 

"(Y/N)? (Y/N), what's wrong? Where have you been all day?" Adam asked as all as he turned on their night light. The boys had to rub their eyes to adjust to the light. When they caught sight of your red and puffy eyes, you only worried them even more. The dean excused you from your first class of the day which you had with Charlie and Adam. He excused you from all your classes for a family emergency when your mom came to pick you up at school.

"We were so worried about you! Even the whole team's uneasy. You weren't answering our calls or anything." Charlie said. You couldn't reply as your sobs still got the best of you. Your heart shattered even more at the sound of his voice. You felt so vulnerable and weak in front of the two boys and you hated it. But you needed them the most at the time, especially Charlie. 

"C'mon, baby, talk to us." Charlie said softly as he rubbed your arm up and down to calm you. The two boys exchanged a look of concern as you took in a deep breath. "My parents are getting a divorce." You announced. It shattered your heart even more to hear yourself say what you've been denying all day. Charlie and Adam's heart sank at your words. Even their hearts broke at the news. 

"They filed it a few days ago. It's not going to be long now until we're really torn apart." You sobbed as Charlie held you tighter. "What about your little sister? Who's going with who?" Adam asked. "We're going with our dad. Screw our mom. She's the one who filed the petition in the first place." You snapped as you cried even harder. 

"Shhh...calm down, (Y/N). Calm down." Charlie sighed as he continued to hold and comfort you. The team has been there for you for the rough years. Ever since after the Junior Goodwill Games, things have never been the same back at your place. Being in Eden Hall was a good escape for you. The team knew almost everything that went on with your life, even this one about your parents. You knew that they were your rock and the only people you could pull strength from during this trying time. 

"I love you, (Y/N). I love you so much." Charlie gently said to you as he left a kiss on your temple. "We're here for you. We all are." He added as he held you close. You had stopped crying and you barely had any tears left to cry. Charlie holding you close was all you needed to feel safe and secure.