Chapter 20 - Travel Buddies

Song Used: One Direction - No Control

"Come on, let's go." It was the first thing that Katie said to Scarlet in the morning right after breakfast. The ex-girlfriend threw Scarlet the keys to the Andrew's mini-van, which made Scarlet give Katie a weird look.

"I said let's go." Katie had Scarlet's and her own carrier with her as she stared at the other woman.

"I heard you the first time, I just don't know why. Weren't we going to go with the others?" Scarlet asked with confusion as she looked at Blake, who just shrugged.

"I don't think you'd want to go with us." Blake spoke as he looked at Scarlet with a shake of the head, and suddenly Scarlet was reminded of her family. The twins that were also sitting with them shook their head, feeling offended but also agreeing with Blake.

"You're right." Katie and Blake smirked when Scarlet got off the sofa and immediately went out of the house with a call for Katie to hurry up sent over her shoulder.

"Have fun!" Blake shouted as Katie left the living room while the twins gave him a smirk. "Whipped." They coughed which got them a flick to the forehead by Blake himself.

Katie was blushing madly as she followed Scarlet out to the driveway.

Scarlet had unlocked the car and had went to the back to place the carriers in it, when she suddenly found herself thinking.

Why was Katie the only one going with her? Surely, Blake or the twins could've volunteered to go with her and that they would also appreciate not travelling with the annoying family.

Scarlet's mind began to wander as another thought came to her, which was that Katie might have something important to say to her, and that was why she was going with her alone.

Oh god, what if she wants to tell me how she still has feelings for me? I can't hurt her again. Scarlet thought with a frown as she glanced at her ex-girlfriend who was getting into the min-van now.

"Come on, get in the car!" Katie yelled from the passenger seat as she crossed her arms impatiently now. Scarlet gulped before she got in the driver's side of the car and fastened her seat belt.

"I'll give you the directions if you don't know where the cabin is."

Scarlet raised an eyebrow as Katie finished her sentence. She didn't know why everything made her feel a little weird, as if there was some ulterior motive involved in Katie's behavior.

But, since Scarlet couldn't think more than she had to, she just shrugged and started the car before driving out of the driveway.

Just as the car was out of the driveway and out of view, Blake announced loudly, "They're gone!"

The twins, Blake, and Clark were all up in a hurry as the living room was in utter chaos.

"Call grandma!"

"Where is Angela, she needs to pack her stuff too!"

"Let's wake up all the oldies now!"

"Shut the fuck up, Blake!"

"You damn kids are loud!" Grandma Payne came rolling into the living room, which caused the chaos to settle down as everyone focused on the woman now, who was accompanied by Angela.

"They're all like headless chickens." Angela spoke from behind her, which made the old woman nod her head. "You're the only one that's sensible in this house, dear."

Blake and the twins raised an eyebrow at how Grandma Payne just complimented someone. She rarely did that. Like, rarely.

"Okay, I'll ignore what happened just now, because we have to do what we have to do." Ed shook his head before focusing on the task at hand.