54. Any time you're afraid it's gonna be alright

- I can't believe your own mother is surprised that you have a friend. That's so sad. I feel so sorry for you, Maggie.

I told her when we were on the way to her house.

- If I was her, I'd be surprised too. She's always told me that because of these clothes nobody's gonna talk to me.

- That's insane. I'm glad I moved in here. We can both be weird together. Look, our pants are matching.

I said. We were both wearing black drop crotch pants.

- So that's where I live. It's not as fancy as your place tho.

Maggie said as we approached a small white house.

- It doesn't matter. Tell me how should I act.

I told her. She didn't manage to answer my question because her mom opened the door and ran outside.

- Oh my God, Maggie, he's real!

Her mom whispered into her ear. I heard that.

- Mom!

Maggie shouted at her.

- Hello. My name is Josh.

I said and reached out my hand.

- It's so nice to meet you, Josh. Come in, please!

She said and shook my hand.

- Please, have a sit.

Her mom told me and pointed at a table. Everything was ready for the dinner. Maggie sat next to me and smiled wide.

- I'm so happy you're here. I can't believe it.

- Why, Maggie?

Her mom brought fried chicken, fries and cooked broccoli to the table.

Me and Maggie filled our plates with the unhealthy stuff. Her mom was looking at us and smiling. I was feeling so uncomfortable.

- Mom, stop staring!

Maggie told her.

- I'm sorry, I can't help it. You look like clones. You're both wearing hats inside!

She responded. I giggled.

- That's true. I noticed our resemblance right away. I instantly knew that we'd get along.

I said.

- How do you know my daughter, Josh? I've heard you're living near. Do you go to the same school?

- No, I saw her skating in front of my house. She was actually wearing the same shirt I did that day.

- And I was the one who approached him, mom.

Maggie said with irony.

- That's amazing, honey!

Her mom responded. I looked at Mag and we began laughing.

- So Josh, how do you like living here?

She asked.

- I can't answer yet. I've only moved in 3 days ago and spent the past 2 days unpacking. But the neighborhood seems to be quiet and really beautiful.

- Oh, really? I hope you'll like it in here. Where did you live before? Also LA?

- Yeah, Venice Beach. I loved that place. My dad still lives there, lucky guy.