Chapter 26

After the Leaf Ninja spent a few hours in the spring, they got out and went to their room to change before meeting up in Team 8's room. Aiko was the last one to change so by the time she got out, everyone was already in the room.

Aiko was now wearing a pair of fluffy, mint green shorts and a white, spaghetti strap tank top. Her long, brown hair was down and wavy because of the water and in her hands was her yellow blanket. Her eyes were slightly drooping and she reached up to rub them.

The warm water had made her sleepy and she wanted to go to bed. Naruto was arguing with Sasuke and she didn't feel like interrupting their little spat. So she looked around to find some she felt comfortable with who wasn't busy. As she looked around, she noticed that Shino was by himself just watching everyone else.

He looked lonely to Aiko, so she started to walk over to keep him company. As she got closer, Shino noticed her and turned slightly towards her. She gave a tired, sleepy smile when she noticed him looking at her. Since he wasn't wearing his coat, she could tell that he gave her a small smile in return.

When Aiko got to the bed that he was sitting on, which was his, she climbed up and sat next to him crisscrossed. Shino turned his head and watched her climb up on his bed next to him. She looked very tired and ready to fall asleep.

Once she got comfortable, she didn't say anything. She just sat there. After some time she yawned. A cute little cooing sound escaped and before she stopped yawning and just sat there with droopy eyes. Her head lolled to the side before jolting upright again.

Her head continued to droop before placing itself on Shino's shoulder. When he felt a weight on his shoulder, Shino looked down and saw Aiko, asleep. Her mouth was slightly open and her eyes were shut with her lashes lightly brushing her cheek. Soft breaths escaped her slightly parted mouth and her chest slightly rose before falling.

Shino repositioned her to where she would be comfier with her head on his chest and in the crook of his arm. She was still asleep after he was done, not even shaken. Her blanket was still clasped in his hands and a piece of her hair drifted in front of her eyes. Shino reached over with his other hand and moved the rouge strand behind her ear.

Shino kept his arm around her as he leaned back against the headboard to get comfortable. Aiko shifted before snuggling closer to Shino before settling down again. After a few minutes of cuddling, Shino started to feel tired. Some of the others had as well, so most of the lights were off.

Shino reached his left hand up and took off his glasses. He set them on the nightstand next to his bed. He then retracted his hand and pulled the covers over both of them.

He didn't want to risk waking her up by taking her back to her own bed, so he just let her sleep in his with him. He also didn't mind, it was nice to have someone to keep him warm and cuddle with. Even if he wasn't the most cuddly person.

He closed his eyes to block out the little light that was still in the room. He concentrated on the warm body next to him. Thinking of the warmth lulled him to sleep within minutes.

Everyone else that was awake noticed the two sleeping. The sensei's softly smiled and the students that were awake looked confused. Most were trying to figure out when they got so close. Naruto would have been making a big deal about how she was his cousin and Shino didn't deserve her, but he was asleep.

About half an hour later everyone was asleep, save for Sakura. She went around to turn off all the lights and make sure everyone was tucked in. She insisted as to make up for the foolishness that happened between her and Ino at the hot springs.

As she was about to go to bed, she thought that she should check up on Aiko and Shino. She quietly walked to the Shino's bed and peered at them through the dark. Aiko was somewhat small, though next to Shino, who was rather tall and muscular, she looked tiny.

Aiko was tucked into his embrace, head resting on his shoulder. One arm was between them while the other rested on the side of his chest. Shino's arm was wrapped around her shoulders. Some of her hair covered his arm was some was draped over her shoulder. They both slept peacefully and weren't aware of Sakura standing by the bed.

Sakura smiled at them before tip-toeing back to her bed. Before laying down and sleeping, she snuck a quick look at Sasuke. He was sleeping in his own bad and the frown lines that normally adorned his face her less severe. A blushed bloomed on her face as she watched his chest rise and fall with his breathing.

She shook her head and lay down in her bed to finally go to sleep. Before closing her eyes she whispered two words.

"Goodnight Sasuke-kun."

In the morning Aiko was the first one to wake up. It was out of habit from Kajiu making her work at dawn. Now she wakes up around 6 in the morning.

When her eyes opened she saw the white fabric of a shirt. She just laid there for a few minutes just looking at the material. It wasn't until she blinked for the tenth time she realized that someone was in the shirt. She looked up and saw that it was Shino. He was still sleeping and his chest rose up and down with even breaths.

Aiko realized that his arm was around her shoulders and his body was producing an addictive heat. She was slightly cold, even for being under the heavy blanket. She tried to wiggle closer to Shino without waking him up.

She was afraid he had when his arm moved, but he was only resituating and wrapping it tighter around her. She smiled when he settled down without a peep. She closed her eyes to try and get some more sleep before they had to wake up and go to the shopping center.

For a few minutes, she just lay there, letting her mind take her places. She recounted on all of the new friends she made and all of the fun times she had. Sure, she might still be a bit wary of some, but she is trying and so are they. It means so much to her that instead of being alone she had friends and family that she can be with and love.

Except, it's not complete though.

It's missing one person.