.: Chapter 20 :.

Beginne am Anfang

"A-Ah, thank you," she bows then places the papers on a table nearby. "My name is Shiomi Jun. I am the professor at the Shiomi Seminar."

"Ehhhh?! You aren't a student?"

"I'm an adult, I'll have you know."

"I'm sorry." I said sweat dropping.

After that misunderstanding, Shiomi-sensei told me to sit down and wait while she made tea. After a few minutes she came back holding a tray with tea and three cups on top. 'Three?' I thought to myself. Then my answer walked through the door.

"Jun, you forgot to water the plants again." came a familiar voice. I turn my head around to see if it was the person I was thought it was. There before me was Hayama Akira. He had a slightly agitated look on this face.

"A-Ah, thanks for reminding me, Hayama-kun."

"I already did it. You also forgot yesterday, and the day before that and even the day before that." as Hayama-kun continued to scold Shiomi-sensei, her presence seemed to become smaller and smaller. Hayama-kun didn't seem to notice me until he finished scolding the now even smaller Shiomi-sensei who was on the ground bow repetitively to Hayama-kun.

"Uhhh... Yo, Hayama-kun." I say still a bit confused with what I just witnessed.

"Ah, Yukihira-san. Sorry you had to see that."

"I-It's alright, I guess." I replied scratching the back of my neck.

I heard a gasp come from Shiomi-sensei. Hayama-kun probably also heard it since we both look down at her at the same time. She stood up and clasped her hands together. Her eyes filled with tears of... joy?

"I can't believe it." We both waited in silence for Shiomi-sensei to continue, "Hayama-kun has... friends." her eyes sparkled even more if that was possible.

"Jun..." Hayama-kun said with a heavy sigh.

Shiomi-sensei then wrapped her arms around Hayama-kun's torso. "I'm so proud of you."

Hayama-kun was able to calm down Shiomi-sensei after a while and we were able to sit down and drink our now lukewarm tea.

"So what brings you here Yukihira-san?" Shiomi-sensei asked.

I explained to them that I just spent the rest of the day visiting many research societies and this was my last stop.

"While you're here why don't we give you a tour?" Shiomi-sensei suggested.

"Sure."

They showed me their kitchens, research rooms that were piled with documents and files but most impressive of all was their greenhouse and garden where they grow all different kinds of herbs and spices. They were all lined up neatly and everything was labelled.

"Wow!" I exclaimed. As I walked through the garden I thought about what I could make with such a large variety of spices to use. 'Hayama-kun you lucky bastard.' I thought. After the little tour, they offered me to stay for dinner and a position in the seminar. I declined both though I said I would visit often. They also gave me permission to use their freshly grown spices and herbs whenever I want since I'm 'Hayama-kun's first friend' according to Shiomi-sensei.

I said goodbye to the both of them and started to walk back to the dormitory. On the way I met up with Soma and Tadokoro. They both looked dejected and completely drained of energy. Apparently, they still haven't found a good enough recipe. I told them that I will join them tomorrow. They both agreed and the three of us walked the rest of the way back to the dormitory talking about different recipe ideas.

Tomorrow is the last day of preparation for this battle. We better make it count!

【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】【❤︎】

A/N:

Hello!

I am hoping to update (roughly) every 1st, 11th and 22nd of every month.

This might not work out. I'm just trialing this for now.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE THAT HAS VOTED AND COMMENTED! It makes me really happy knowing that people are enjoying this book and are able to give me suggestions on how to make it better! If I don't reply to comments it's just because I'm really awkward and I don't know how to respond.

Please comment, vote and share any suggestions you might have!

(Word count: 1241)     (11th April 2019)

- Vina