In this exact moment, I realise something so incredibly important, yet at such an incredibly bad time. I am in love with this amazing, troubled boy. The scariest part is that I've never felt so much love and need to keep someone safe. 

Six weeks ago I would have laughed at someone who told me I'd fall in love with a Razor. Six weeks ago I would have cringed at falling in love after only a month. But it's different when you spend every waking moment with someone for such a long period of time. 

If being kidnapped has taught me one thing, it's that I should live as hard and much as I want. That I should take every opportunity I am given to be happy.

"Hunter, I—"

"El, what I'm trying to say is—"

"Hunter, I lo—"

"I love you, El."

"I love you."

I laugh when we say it at the exact same time. How cliché have we become?

"Are you serious?" Hunter whispers, tucking a loose strand of my hair behind my ear.

"I've never been more serious about anything in my life," I beam.

"I hope you realise that I didn't tell you because of tonight. I told you because it's true, I really do love you."

"I know," I smile, brushing my fingers through his hair. A loose strand of blonde locks hang in front of his eyes and I brush it away slowly, loving the fact that his eyes flutter closed briefly when I touch his cheek.

"It won't be much longer now. I promise."

I sigh as he draws me to his chest, planting a kiss on my head. I hug him tighter, not wanting this feeling to ever end.

"I'll see you soon," he whispers, letting me go. I lean back against the railing, closing my eyes briefly before I feel a hand on my shoulder, drawing me backwards.

"El," Ridge says, his face slightly panicked, yet excited. "I don't have much time to explain this, so you have to listen carefully, alright?"

"Yes, o—"

"You are going to hear a shot go off and I need you to fall to the ground, alright? Just fall right to the ground as soon as you hear it," Ridge looks to his left, gulping.

He doesn't give me time to ask questions before walking over to Andy who is quickly walking towards me. They exchange a few words but I can't hear anything they're saying, due to the fact that the crowd is starting to get riled up.

It must almost be midnight.

I can't see Hunter anywhere anymore, but Ridge walks down the patio steps to stand at the front of the crowd. Andy grabs my arm roughly before I can even comprehend what is happening. He leads me down to stand in between Ridge and himself.

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen!"

The crowd cheers, raising their beers in the air. I scan the crowd for Hunter, but I can't find him anywhere. Where is he?

"It is two minutes until midnight!" Andy roars and the crowd become louder. I almost have to cover my ears from the pain.

Suddenly someone comes up to Andy and hands him something. They exchange a few words before he saunters off, disappearing into the crowd.

My hands start to shake when I notice that Andy is now holding a gun. The gun that he is going to shoot me with. Ridge suddenly grabs my hand, squeezing it twice before dropping it again. I look over at him, and he mouths one single word that turns my blood cold and stops my heart.

"Now."

A shot goes off in the distance, followed by two more. People start to scream ducking down, trying to protect themselves. I look over to see that Ridge has disappeared. Andy is screaming at the crowd, too distracted to realise that I've now dropped to the ground, just like Ridge had instructed me.

People are stomping close to my head, almost trampling me. I squeeze my eyes shut, trying to protect myself.  People are running everywhere, shouting at each other. Another three shots go off and I bite my lip, drawing blood.

Suddenly, I'm being lifted off the ground. Two strong arms wrap under my armpits and I open my eyes. They widen in horror at the chaos in front of me.

People are running everywhere, falling over, scrabbling on their knees. Another shot goes off in the distance. "Stay as low as possible!" Ridge shouts close to my ear, trying to be heard over the screams of the crowd. "We can't let dad see you!"

Ridge lets go of me when I finally get my bearings. We run side-by-side until I see where exactly we are heading. My heart lurches when I spot Hunter standing with a small crowd of people, slightly hidden behind a grouping of trees. He's holding an air rifle, firing shots straight up into the sky.

At first, I don't even realise who else he is with. When I do, my heart completely stops, plummeting to my stomach. I stop running and I begin to sob. This is the moment I've been waiting for, six weeks in the making.

Standing next to Hunter, with matching stern looks on their faces, are the two people I have been waiting to see for so long.

Noah and my dad.