Legends and Mermaids

SOTD:
'Far away, long ago, glowing dim as an ember.

Things my heart used to know, things it years to remember'

- Anastasia (the movie)

.-~°*°~-.-~°*°~-.-~°*°~-.

Chapter 2: Legends and Mermaids

.-~Marinette Dupain-Cheng~-.

.-~°*°~-.-~°*°~-.-~°*°~-.

I W A S swimming peacefully under the moonlight, still shaken up about the recent attack on my small sanctuary from the sirens. I was incredibly heartbroken finding out all my fish friends and animals had protected me while I swam out.

The feeling of selfishness and regret lingered in my stomach as I thought more and more about it to the point where a few dark shimmery dark blue tears bubbled in my eyes while I fled. I felt ashamed knowing I couldn't protect them like how I couldn't protect my parents.

After getting far away from my sanctuary, I recognised the coral reefs around here and it clicked in my head, I was near one of my favourite islands!

Dupain Island! My father would take us here all the time, since this is where my parents were offishally wed. As I swam, I noticed a shadow cast over me that looked like an elongated square with a pointed tip, immediately I decided to investigate.

My head breached the surface of the water, my ears immediately catching the sound of uproarious laughter.

A ship...filled with horrible vile pirates, murders. My stomach twisted and churned as the stories of those disgusting humans were remembered, how they would skin my people alive, or pluck their scales one by one, turning it into jewellery. Or they would keep only the prettiest mermaids for themselves and their own entertainment.

My body was pushed aside as the waves caused by the ship seemed so strong. 'They're heading to the island!' My conscious called, immediately I swam after the ship, scaling the sides and watching closely. I wasn't going to let them out of my sight.

Hours later, The ship had finally stopped, only a few metres away from the island, I decided maybe it would be okay if just left the pirates alone. They haven't moved much besides sailing slowly around the general area of Dupain Island. I didn't think much of it so I swam to the island, finding a rock formation and pulling my self into a comfortable position on the rock.

I sang softly to myself and the silent night, the waves crashing against each other and dragging up and down the shoreline of the island. My eyes trailed back to ship watching it intently, only the warm glow of those flickery things in the glass box shone through the darkness of which the ship was coated in.

My fingers kept running through my damp blue hair, in hopes of getting all the sand and knots out my hair.

'Dancing bears, painted wings
Things I almost remember
And a song someone sings
Once upon a December.'

I could feel the moon reflect my pale skin, glowing lightly, my hair almost dry also reflecting the moonlights shine.

'Someone holds me safe and warm,
Horses prance through a silver storm
Figures dancing gracefully
Across my memory–'

Snap! I whipped myself around to see one of the most attractive humans I've ever seen. Granted I've only seen a handful, but out of that handful he was the handsomest. He was like something carved out of stone by Neptune himself.