11•FaceTime

Start bij het begin

"Speaking of work, your assistant been giving you a hard time lately?" Raina brought up.

"She was in my office when you were texting me. She tried to get me to notice her." I stated looking unimpressed. "I should make her go through the harassment training again. I'm trying not to be rude, to keep the peace in the work environment. Since we work so close.

She also tried to bum a ride home. I shut that down and got her a car service." I added chuckling a little, but Rai didn't find it funny. She stared at me with her eyebrows raised with a forced smile. "What?"

"Nothing— did you tell her you weren't available?" Rai was checking me. But she need to not worry. I would never cheat on her or allow anyone to slither their way in. "She knows I'm seeing someone. Felt like I kind of made it clear today. —I don't go around telling my business, because I'm not trying to get word back to anyone."

"Alright, well I think that's Mike coming in now. I'll talk to you later tonight, ok?" She spoke softly. "Ok, talk to you later Munch." I chuckled, knowing she hated the name. She scrunched up her face groaning.

"You and that name, —and go put a shirt on." She shook her head. "Bye. I love you, silly."

"I'm home relaxing. Ain't no shirt bih'." I rubbed my hand down my chest smiling at her. "I love you too."

"Bye you fool." She laughed before pressing end. The door bell rung. I was expecting packages. I went to open the door and it was indeed them. Right on time.

"Hello sir. I have a few packages I need you to sign for. You can sign right here." He pointed.

"Thank you. I appreciate it. Busy day today?" I asked, making sure he was straight. "Yes very. This is my last stop of the day." He wiped his forehead.

"Aye that's good news. Be safe." I said to him as he handed my last package. "Appreciate it, man." He nodded before walking down the steps.

I placed the packages on the floor at the front door, to sort through later. I had stuff delivered for Raina. A little something to show her how proud I am of her. She's been working hard, even inspired me to really think about my next move for my own life.

I'm not sure what she'll think about a long-distance relationship when she goes away to college. She chose Howard. That was her dream school. I'm in too deep with her now to not try and continue. However, I did want her to make that decision because college is college, and she needed to live a little.

I've been blowing off the guys lately, working, hanging out at home, and talking to Raina. I needed to get out of this bubble, though.

Raina avoids the subject of telling her brother altogether, but I think I'll have a conversation with him after graduation. Like immediately after.

Phone dings, indicating a text message. I sat down and opened the message.

7:45 pm
Mike: You busy?

7:45 pm
Me: Nah I'm not. Whatchu' got?

7:47 pm
Mike: Shit. But, I need a favor.

7:48 pm
Me: What?

7:49 pm
Mike: Leah has this friend. She's single. She look good.

7:53 pm
Me: No

7:55 pm
Mike: Come on, man. She met her a few months ago, and they hit it off. You said you want to settle down. I'm looking out.

8:00 pm
Me: You ain't doing me no favors by doing this. I'm good.

8:00 pm
Mike: Come on, man. You owe me. It'll be a win for you. I promise. She has her head on straight. I think you would like her.