14| More To The Story

Start from the beginning

I walked inside the building and the first person I saw was Chris' dad. He didn't hesitate on coming and greeting me.

"Luna, hello. How are you?" he said with a smile.

"I'm good thank you", I said returning the smile.

"Was everything alright when you went home?"

"Everything went fine. If you'll excuse me I have something important to tell Chris and maybe later today if you have time, could I have a talk with you?" I asked because I wanted to inform him on the deal with my dad.

"I'll inform you if I have time. I'll leave you as it is and tell Chris to be fast with the last files, he's a little stressed so he could use your presence right now", he said and placed a hand on my shoulder before disappearing behind a corner.

I walked to the elevator and pushed on the buttons of the third floor, where his office was. I knocked on his door and walked in to see him looking frustrated at some papers scattered in front of him. He was wearing a white shirt, the first few buttons unbuttoned and his sleeves rolled up making him even more attractive than he already was.

"Hi", I said in a soft tone, not wanting to distract him too much.

"Luna, hi. I didn't see you come in. I'm sorry", he said immediately smiling and walking up to me.

His first reaction was giving me a hug and I hugged him back, smelling his strong cologne he was wearing today. He didn't loosen his grip on me and I tried to shuffle my head and looked up to see his face. He turned his head down making our noses touch lightly.

"I could stay here all day", he said in a small voice. "I could kiss you right now."

"What is stopping you", I teased.

"Twenty piles of papers waiting to be checked", he said said, taking my joke a little serious. Regardless of those twenty piles he still leaned in for a short kiss.

"I talked with my dad about the offer. Remember what we had talked about that one day, about teaming up. Well he looked almost convinced, if mom and I keep pushing a bit we can make it actually happen", I said as he unwrapped his arms and walked to his desk.

"I don't know if my dad still had the offer open for your dad though. He was really taken aback and when I walked to his office I saw that was writing a mail to some bankers on wanting to team up", he said with a discouraged face.

"I thought he would", I said biting my lip. "I already asked if your dad was free to talk today and he said he would inform me about it. I want to tell him myself."

"Why are you so desperate to keep the project going. It's not like I'm against it but what is the reason?" he asked.

"Well, about that", I said trying to hold my smile. "If the sales go good and increase with 15% within a week, I'm allowed to date you."

"Is that so", he smiled.

"Yes. Kinda. At least if he accepts the offer and if your dad still wants it", I said. "I'll tell him about us your dad will maybe still want to make the offer."

"Let's hope. I have to go to a meeting soon so maybe when I'm in the meeting you'll be able to talk to my dad. Or maybe if you want I'll come with you", he offered.

"No no, I'll talk to him alone you can go to your meeting", I reassured him.

"Good," he said picking up some papers and placing them in a drawer. He looked at me and a smiled creeped on his face and he looked away, his ears turning red.

"What?" I said, smiling.

He cleared his throat and walked over to me. He cupped my face and gave me a peck on my lips. "I'm just happy to have you in my life."

I scrunched my face at those words but regardless of that I gave him a small kiss back. "You're so cringeworthy."

"But you like it", he smirked.

"I'll have to rethink that", I joked.

He let out a laugh, making me laugh with him. "You're a crazy girl."

"But you like it", I raised my eyebrows.

"I sure do", he said in a lower voice, looking in my eyes.

A knock on the door made both of us jump out of each other's brace. I quickly straightened my clothing and fixed my hair, because we didn't want anyone to suspect anything.

Chris walked to the door and opened it. It was his dad and I just exhaled as if I was holding my breath.

"Is Luna here", his dad asked.

I appeared in his view and gave him a smile. "I am."

"I'm free right now if you'll come to my office in five minutes we can talk", he said.

"Then I'll be there in five minutes", I smiled.

Chris closed the door and turned to me. "My meeting starts in a few minutes so I'll be leaving too. I'll walk you to dad's office", he said, grabbing his jacket.

He walked me to the office and wished me good luck. I knocked on the door and entered when he gave me permission to.

"Luna, have a seat. What was it that you wanted to talk about?" he said after I sat down.

"So firstly I wanted to apologise and thank you after what has happened with my dad", I started. "And if you remember and if the offer is still ongoing you wanted our company as a help on your new project. I talked about it with my dad and he looked almost convinced, if I push just a little bit more he'll maybe accept the offer. Of course, only if you still want it to work because I totally understand if you would rather not."

"I have a feeling that there is more to the story. Does it perhaps involve something between you and Christopher?" he said.

"How- Chris", I said with a smile. "He probably told you."

"He did, he sent me a message", he said, pointing at his phone.

"Well yes, there is a bit more to the story. But please do not feel obligated to do whatever would only benefit us. If it positively influences the company and only if you agree, could you consider this? Because I truly care about your son, and I would do everything I could to stay with him and his family. I wouldn't be able to let any of you go", I said, with a desperate look.

"I totally understand, but I'll have to think about it. I know that this is very important to you two, but I'll have to see if it will do any good for the company. For you special I'll rethink it and I might make it work out. So don't worry too much because everything will end up positively and I'm sure about it", he said, giving me a smile that reminded me of Chris'. It was the exact same one.

We talked a bit more about a lot of things. He asked me about school and surprisingly I didn't feel uncomfortable talking with him. I was a person that got nervous, awkward and uncomfortable easily, but with Chris' dad I had no such feeling. I felt accepted in the Bang family and it made me feel even more happy to know that I was able to communicate so easily with Chris' parents.

After talking for a while I decided I would go back to see if Chris was back from the meeting. I was going to tell him about the things I talked with his dad.

I knocked on the door and walked in when I heard his voice from the other side.

"Hi."

"Hey, how did it go?" he asked.

"I don't really know, good I guess. He said he'll think about it special for me", I said, flipping my hair trying to show that I was special just to joke around.

He laughed and shook his head. "You're really something."

"In a positive way I hope", I joked.

"Of course", he laughed. "Hey, hear me out. My parents aren't home tomorrow and Lucas and Hannah are staying at my niece's place and Felix is- wherever he is, probably at Hyunjin's, and I thought that you might want to hang out tomorrow night at my place."

"I'd love that."