Scarlett

"Shit! Brynn, have you seen my striped crop top?" I yelled through the house. Brynn's voice answered back, getting closer with each word, "You mean the one that I'm wearing right now?" I looked up at her as she made her way into view in front of my room. I groaned as she was indeed wearing the top I was looking for.
"I need it! I have to take it. Please." I pleaded trying to get her to give me back my shirt. She rolled her eyes with the shake of her head before removing it from her body.
"If it stops your whining, I guess." She walked over to my dresser pulling out another top before slipping it over her head.
"You know you have this thing called a closet. It has clothes that actually belong to you," I joked with her.
"Your clothes are better!"
"Yeah, and I'm the whiny one." She grabbed another shirt to throw at me for poking fun.
"When are you going to tell him anyways? He has a right to know." I looked at my friend and sighed.
"He'll know in time. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the whole thing, but I promise I'm going to tell him soon."
"You better. I hate keeping secrets especially when I couldn't even contact him if I wanted to. Speaking of which, can I have his number?" I quirked my head as I halted folding the shirt in my hands. "You know, for emergencies and stuff," she shrugged.
"Sure. You can't have it now though." Her excitement from the first word was gone by the end of the sentence.
"You suck, but I love you anyway." With that, she left my room as I continued to fold various clothing items and search for others that I needed. My life was about to change drastically.
—————
"I need you to come get me," I spoke into the phone as I held it against my ear.
"What do you mean? I can't just come get you," Calum answered.
"I really hope you can. I'm at LAX, and I recall you telling me you didn't live to far away." I said the words in s tone that matched the smirk on my face.
"Wh-what? You-you're here? In LA? Now? Are you joking?" His stuttered response had you chuckling into the phone speaker.
"Yes! Now, please come get me because I miss you and want to see you."
"Damn. Yeah, of course. I'll be there in a minute. I can't believe this. I'm so fucking happy right now."
"I'll be out front to meet you when you get here."
We exchanged goodbyes before I went to wait on my checked bag and found a bench right outside the door to sit on. It was only a few minutes before Calum pulled up in front of me.
"I think I broke all the traffic laws. I was too excited." I laughed at his words as he wrapped me in a hug before placing a quick peck on my lips.
"You're real. You're here. And I'm here to take you home," he winked as he grabbed my suitcase from me to put it in his trunk.
"Taking me home so soon? You're an animal, Mr. Hood," I said feigning surprise. He let out a soft laugh, shutting his trunk before he came over to open the passenger door for me. He walked around to get into the driver seat turning to look at me.
"I cant believe youre actually here. Your call made my day, not gonna lie."
The car ride allowed us to catch up briefly since the ride was only about ten minutes. He had definitely broken some laws on the way over to get there that fast. I didn't know what I expected his house to look like, but I guess I should've imagined a million dollar mansion. It was two stories, very modern looking with lots of windows. There was a gate with a code at the end of the driveway and a two car garage that we pulled into. This was such a change to my small townhouse that I shared with my two friends.
I followed Calum into the door as he carried my suitcase while I had my backpack in my hands. The inside of the house was just as nice as the outside. The color scheme was very muted with blacks, whites, and greys. I didn't know Calum that well, but I knew him well enough to know that he had probably hired someone to decorate for him. I don't think I've closed my mouth since we pulled up, in awe of where he got to live.
"You can close your mouth, you know. It's really not that great. It barely feels like home, more like I'm living in a furniture store."
"A high-end fancy ass furniture store."
I did finally close my mouth after speaking deciding to smile instead. He gave me a short laugh before he was also smiling.
"I'm gonna go put your stuff in my room," he said turning to leave but stopping, "Unless you'd be more comfortable in the guest room?" He let his words fall into a question.
"Whatever you prefer. I already feel like I'm intruding, sorry about that." The thought of me barging in and expecting him to allow me into his home was something that concerned me.
"No, definitely don't apologize. Mi casa es su casa, baby. I've been thinking about you coming here ever since you talked about moving in at our first date. Hell, I would be ecstatic if you moved in right now!"
"We can revisit that later, but right now, I'm starving."
"I've got just the place to go."
Calum took me to a place that he called "a local hideaway". The restaurant had a small dining room and looked nothing like what I would imagine a restaurant in trendy LA would look like. The food was amazing, and we even ordered dessert because as Calum said, "I got to treat my lady right."
The thing with soulmates was that it was still necessary to kindle the relationship, but it was easier because society matched people for a reason. The compatibility between matches made it so much easier to, basically, fall in love with the one you are meant to. So while Calum and I have only known each other for a few months, we knew each other better than we did others that we had known forever. That's just how soulmates operated. It still made me giddy every time he referred to me as something other than my name. Even him calling me Scar had an effect on me that it never has before.
"You know how I said we could talk about the moving in thing late?" I said as we were sat on the couch with the tv playing a cooking show in the background. He had one leg folded on the couch with the other touching the floor as he turned his body towards me.
"Yeah, of course. What about it?"
"I, uh, well, I kinda- I kinda got a job here." I waited until the words completely left my mouth before looking at him. His eyes were wide when he finished processing what I said.
"For real? You really are moving in? I get to come home to you every day? I get to come home from tour to see you!" I didn't have a clear idea on what his reaction would be, but this was better than anything I could have imagined. He caught me in a hug peppering kisses all over my face as he pulled me down on top of him. His lips found their way to my lips causing me to smile against him. We continued kissing, but it wasn't too long before we heard the doorbell ring causing Calum to curse under his breath. I sat up on the couch, letting him stand up, fixing my hair to make sure it wasn't out of place. I figured it would be the guys at the door since they were the only people I knew he had in his life. I heard the front door open and the sounds of three Australians float through the house.