"I'm gonna stop you right there. Listening to you talk nerd is an honor. And way more entertaining than reading over ancient texts written by some old witches and warlocks that are currently shriveled up dust in the atmosphere."

She chuckles. "Do you have to call me a nerd every time I do anything college-related?"

"Have to? No. Love to, and will absolutely continue to say it until you're sick of the word, and far beyond that? Yuuup."

Rolling her eyes, she rests her closed fist against the side of her cheek, her cheek smushing against her knuckles in an utterly adorable fashion. "Caroline may even be a better study buddy than you. And she usually spends seventy percent of our time gossiping about things completely unrelated. So, think about that."

I tilt my head. "We'll see if you still feel that way when you ace this exam."

She smiles. "For someone who hasn't had to worry about school in a few decades, you sure are dedicated to this cause."

"Call it nostalgia?" I offer.

"For studying all night and completing lengthy assignments? Yeah, right. Something tells me that you're way too happy about leaving that in your past."

I tear off another piece of my muffin. "Okay, true. I am dedicated to you, though, and indulging all your obsessive study habits. Only fair, since you've been tolerating Gemini crap without so much as a slip of paper in the theoretical complaint box."

She moves her hand away from her cheek to wave it dismissively. "Don't go thinking you owe me. I'm definitely not opposed to watching my boyfriend train."

Smirking, I eye her knowingly. "Right, what was it you said to me last week? Something about it being kinda hot?"

"More or less," she comments off-handedly, her eyes gleaming.

I nod. "I could tell by the way you practically jumped me the second we got home the other day. Think my scalp is still sore from where you pulled my–"

"Do you know how to lower your voice?" She whispers frantically, eyes darting left and right, while a pink blush swarms her cheeks. "Oh, my God."

I smugly rest my chin in my palm. "Sorry, did you think you were dating someone who has a filter?"

"I might've had false hope, yeah," she retorts halfheartedly.

"Aw, too bad." I brush my thumb over her knuckles in repeating strokes, teeth sinking into my bottom lip. "But you're thinking about it now, huh?"

She swallows, subtly looking around to make sure no one is eavesdropping. "Kai."

"Hey, that's what you said that day too, except it was less of a scolding remark and more you moaning through it–"

Charlie's eyes lock on mine, widening. "Okay, okay, back to psychology, please?"

Grinning at her, I let my mind shamelessly wander back to that glorious moment in our apartment, not caring much if my thoughts blatantly showcased themselves on my face for Charlie to read like an open book.

"You know, I'm thinking philosophers were really onto something when they came up with the saying, 'third time's a charm.' Aristotle outdid himself there. No joke."

"Don't think it was Aristotle," Charlie murmured in amusement from behind me as we ascended the steps to our floor, "but go on."