Chapter 3: At the bottom

Qi Shaorong looked toward the person next to Yi Chuxue, with puzzled eyes, “This young man, who are you?”

“I’m Chen Yuan.“ Chen Yuan saw Qi Shaorong’s gaze turning his way as he sat down with a ramrod straight posture.

“Chen Yuan! This Miss here is Zhuang Hao’s cousin, could it be that you’re also his cousin?“ Qi Shaorong asked as he tilted his head.

Chen Yuan looked at Qi Shaorong’s face which was thick with rouge and felt his scalp going numb.

Qi Heng lowered his voice, facing Qi Shaorong as he whispered, “Young Master, Chen Yuan ah! He’s one of the Seven Imperial Talents.”

The so-called Seven Imperial Talents, referred to the seven outstanding young talents of the Imperial Capital. Of course, this list, besides referring to their respective
capabilities, to some extent also
referred to their backgrounds. Chen Yuan was ranked seventh among them. Ranked first was that famed fiance of Qi Shaorong.

Chen Yuan overheard Qi Heng’s whispering and couldn’t help but feel somewhat proud in his heart. The competition to be one of the Seven Imperial Talents was very fierce, but once they gained a place, their prestige would instantaneously increase. Chen Yuan managed to overcome five levels, striking down six hurdles , and seized a position. As a result, so many people came looking for marriage with him that they almost broke the threshold.

Qi Shaorong swept a glance at Chen Yuan, nodded and said, “I remember now, the one at the bottom of the Seven Imperial Talents was him.”

Qi Heng nodded and agreed, “It should be him.”

“I heard that they are all handsome! Why does he look so ordinary! No wonder it’s just an empty title,“ muttered Qi Shaorong.

“Young Master, he is ranked last, you can’t demand too much,“ Qi Heng whispered.

Qi Shaorong nodded, releasing a sigh as he replied, “That’s true. However, I say there may have been some underhanded dealings for him to be able to be on this list.”

Chen Yuan, “…“ These two bastards, even if you lower your voices, he can still hear okay?

Qi Shaorong looked at Chen Yuan, grinning as he said, “Young Master Chen’s and Young Master Zhuang’s relationship isn’t bad!”

Chen Yuan smiled, “It’s pretty good.“

“It looks like Young master Chen has a lot more free time than Young Master Zhuang! For the matter of cancelling the engagement, Zhuang Hao actually wouldn’t come, but instead let you come in his place,“ continued Qi Shaorong.

“It’s a simple matter.“

“Young Master Chen, do you know, within Seven Imperial Talents, why you are ranked last? You should learn more from Zhuang Hao and put in a bit more effort. According to how you can’t do anything right right now, you wouldn’t even be able to keep your last place,“ Qi Shaorong sighed as he shook his head.

Yi Chuxue snickered, “You’re merely a waste, with what ability do you have to worry about Young Master Chen?”

Qi Shaorong leisurely fanned himself with his incomparably gaudy fan, lazily saying, “I worry about many people, for example, I also worry about Miss Yi. To be honest, Miss Yi ran over here from thousands of miles away just to help Zhuang Hao cancel his engagement, this really is a case of the dog chasing the mouse , how nosy.“

“Moreover, if I didn’t guess wrong, Miss Yi most likely have that kind of intent towards Zhuang Hao. But if I must say so, Miss Yi making the trip all the way here is only helping the other person make the wedding dress in the end.“

Yi Chuxue frowned, her whole face covered in frost.

“Did you guys bring his engagement paper?“ Qi Shaorong asked.

Chen Yuan nodded, “We do.“

“Oh, then that’s great. Ah Heng,“ Qi Shaorong pushed Qi Heng out a bit. Qi Heng took out a fiery red engagement paper and said, “My Young Master’s copy is here.“

“Since everyone have no interest in this marriage, let’s just exchange the engagement papers and destroy them already,” Qi Shaorong said.

Chen Yuan eyed Qi Shaorong strangely and asked, “You also have no interest in this marriage?“

“Ah? What I mean is, for such a lazy person who wouldn’t even come to cancel his own engagement, even if he is handsome, what use would he be? Not to mention this young master is natural beauty, what kind of person can I not get!“ Qi Shaorong said cheerfully as he stroked his face.

Yi Chuxue coldly smiled and said, “You’re really don’t feel embarrassed.”

Qi Shaorong smirked, “Miss Yi, you should be more gentle, all men like gentle women. You’re so harsh, how can this be any good.“

“Young Master Qi, you should worry about yourself first,“ Yi Chuxue retorted.

After securing the engagement paper, Chen Yuan practically couldn’t wait to leave Qi Shaorong’s manor.

Chen Yuan took a deep breath and spoke, “We finally completed the task. This fiance that was decided before they were even born isn’t very talented and also has such a big temper. Fortunately, we came to help Ah Hao cancel this engagement. Otherwise, Ah Hao would certainly be startled by this fiance.“

Yi Chuxue lighty snorted, “Either way, that guy is still a bit delusional. He actually said that if Ah Hao one day regrets annulling this marriage, the two of us have to go apologize to him, and compensate him with ten thousand gold coins. Only then will he consider Ah Hao.”

Chen Yuan took a deep breath, “Speaking of it, Qi Shaorong, that guy’s appearance is really too ‘unique’.“ In fact, the other’s powder was applied so thick that he couldn’t even make it out; the other’s true appearance.

~~~~~
overcome five levels, striking down six hurdles – Just overcame many trials and problems.

dog chasing the mouse – It’s usually the cat chasing the mouse but now the dog is doing it for the cat, so it’s being meddlesome; nosy.

helping the other person make the wedding dress – Helping others that bring no benefit to oneself.