Chapter 30

Mr and Mrs Yadav were back and the house felt fun once again.

It was five in the evening, the sky was hued with purple and red and blue streaks, with huge flocks of small birds flying to and fro through it.

Everyone was sitting on the terrace with their respective works in hand.

While Mr Yadav was flicking over the files from his office, Mrs Yadav was going through the reports of their company's turnover.

Radha was sitting on the bench making notes for her upcoming French classes at the end of the month and Krishn and Mahi were sitting on the opposite bench discussing God knows what.

It was more like Mahi was sitting and Krishn was making excuses after excuses to get up from there and go somewhere else. Preferably to Radha.

Because how else should he react to her after what she did yesterday. He didn't want her in this house for even a single moment more. However when he had told the incident to his mother, though she had been disappointed in Mahi's behavior, she told him that they couldn't just kick her out of the house like that. She was a guest.

Guest! What guest does what that girl did?

Trying not to enrage himself by repeating yesterday's incident in his mind, this time he turned to Mahi to say no directly to her face. To say how he won't sit with ber anymore, how she is not welcomed in his home anymore.

It was only by God's grace that Radha didn't leave this house or worse, leave him. He doesn't want the cause of all upset to sit so close to him, no matter how much she had apologised yesterday and told him that it was just a mistake.

Mistake or not, he couldn't trsut her anymore. And now pondering over the entire incident, he realised that he actually didn't know the reason behind her arrival in their house. It had been almost a week since Mahi had been living with them and she still hadn't told anybody her reason to come here.

Now seemed the right time to ask Mahi about that and send her back to where she came from.

His eyes flitted between his feet in a moment of preparation and he turned towards Mahi, totally missing Radha's gaze tracing the action.

"-and then you fell off that swing Krish and your-"

"Mahi?" he called out lowly, not wanting to disturb anyone else, though immediately stopping Mahi's storytelling phase.

"Yes?"

"I have to ask you something," he said and watched as Mahi sat up a bit straighter and encircled her arm around his, clinging at his side.

His eyes widened at the action, and panicked his eyes met Radha's for a moment who was just sitting there, looking at them with an unreadable look on her face.

He tried to unclasp her hand and thankfully his efforts didn't go to vain.

"You can ask me anything, Krish!" she chirped happily.

He couldn't mimic that happiness. He was irritated. He decided to get over all this quickly.

"I was wondering why you came here? In between your midterms?"

Yes, Mahi indeed was two years younger than him and was still studying. Apart from that, he didn't expect the reaction that came with the question he asked her.