9•I'm Not Quitting II

Start from the beginning

"If we're really giving it a shot at a relationship I need to see consistency. When we met you were a senior in high school. I had already dropped out with a baby. We were getting to know each other. We became close after a few years then you left. You stopped talking to me. But would get upset when I tried to move on." I brought up.

His head shook from east to west. "I was in college. Why did we stop talking, Leah?" He asked knowingly. "Don't leave that part out. Why we stop talking?" I had nothing to say.

"It's because you lied to me. You don't realize I been through some shit too. It wasn't always easy for me. You know my sister and I were separated. I don't trust easily. You lied to me about where you work. That's why we stopped talking for those five months. I was also the one who reached out to you after those five months." I remained silent.

"The fact that I found out about you stripping two years after knowing you says a lot. It tells me you didn't plan to say anything. You say one thing and do another." He argued.

"I didn't know how. I felt like I failed. You were in college. Here I was a drop out with a baby working at a nightclub." I started to tear up again. He brushed me off sucking his teeth. "This image you have of me is bullshit. Ain't shit cookie-cutter this way. Mentally I'm still dealing with a lot of shit.

A year before meeting you my life had just changed. Meeting my grandmother, and her bringing us out here. —Leah, you got me fucked up. I ain't better than nobody. My sister and I barely made it out." He paused. "If it wasn't for Mama Laurie, who knows where Raina and I would be."

"I remember a long time ago, I had sex with this lady so she could get a message to my then seven-year-old little sister." He paused. "I was thirteen. She was a grown ass woman. I later found out my sister had been placed with another family. —So I basically fucked this random lady for nothing. For almost three weeks I didn't know where my sister was." Just hearing that shattered my heart a bit. I couldn't imagine having to deal with all of that.

"You don't talk about your past. How am I supposed to be there for you?" I sniffled.

"I want to open up to you. It's just a lot of shit. Heavy stuff weighing me down. Give me more time. We have to trust each other and like you said be consistent in this. Build something solid." He explained and I liked the sound of that.

"Be honest. Were you really going to quit? Because you changing the plan after we agreed got me feeling like you weren't going to up and leave to start something new." He questioned.

I took a moment to think about what he said. "Yes. I was going to quit. To make you happy. I know quitting will do that. But I want to make sure I'm doing what's right for me as a mom." I answered.

"And I want to do what's right for you as your future husband. —Can you at least give me somewhat of a time frame and agree to no private dancing?" He vulnerably pleaded.

"Ok. I can do that. Maybe just stage performances. I can bartend other nights." I compromised. "I'll talk to my boss in the morning."

"Aight, —and another thing. I want to eventually adopt KJ. I want him to legally be my son. I want both of you to carry my last name. I know it's early but with more time I want you to know that's my goal." He said and I wanted nothing more than that. The thought of adoption never crossed my mind. I could see his efforts, clear. It was one thing to say you're not going anywhere. Now I see it.

"You want to marry us?" I blushed.
He laughed. "Yes. I'm not going anywhere. I know I've been all over the place with us and I apologize for that. I was a wild boy. I'm not going to lie about that. I would do my thing then get mad when a guy tries to get at you. But I'm not that boy anymore. I'm growing every day trying to be better." He grabbed my hands.

"Those five months I cut you off were miserable. Ask Adrian, I was angry all the time. I did whatever I could to not think about it. I was lost."  He pulled me closer to him.

"Yeah, but then you came home out of the blue apologizing for blocking me out. I was so happy because I was just as miserable. I felt so bad for lying to you, —I'm sorry for lying to you." I gave him a weak smile.

"Leah, you've apologized over a million times. All is forgiven. My ego held me back. That's the only reason I stayed away. —I won't bring it up again, ok. I promise." He pulled me in even closer hugging me. I nodded as tears rolled down my face. It meant a lot communicating and setting boundaries.

"I love you so much, Leah Joi." He confessed. "I love you too Michael Kyree." I squeezed him tight.

"Mmm, I want you so bad." He whispered in my ear. "Not yet. You had me last night." I stuck my hand out. "Slow down. We just got on the same page. I'm emotionally drained and so are you."

"I  know. We need to focus on building a solid foundation." He mocked. I giggled, holding his face in my hands pulling him close to my lips. I kissed him passionately.

After pulling away I realized we were still standing in the doorway.
"I guess I better text Raina unless you want us to stay over."

"Awe you're going to miss me?" I playfully pouted. "I just love sleeping next to my woman is that a crime?" He gleamed.

"No, go ahead and text her. Let her know you're staying over. I'll hit the lights, then finally shower."

"Can I join you?" He queried. "Nope." I quickly replied.

"Can I watch?" He threw in. "No Michael," I whined.

"Damn, I can't get nothing?"

"You got me." I smiled. "I know that much." He laughed, I shook my head.

"Besides, no more touching, remember?" I snickered. "Oh, you're real funny." He laughed then smacked my ass. I squealed running off.

_____________________________

{Aww they're cute or whatevs}
{That was a little history on Leah, KJ and Mike}

{Song: "Ex" by Kiana Ledé }

{Back to Adrian & Raina next Chap.}

Thanks a bunch ✌🏾

Thanks a bunch ✌🏾