The Truth

I was reading the paper with John the next morning when he pointed out something.

"Oh there is a lightening storm tomorrow." He said.

I just remembered how I got here.

The lightening that hit me brought me back in time.

This could be my chance to go home.

I jumped out of the chair I was sitting in and raced to my room.

The boys watched as I ran.

"What's with her?" Ringo asked.

"I don't know but I guess we just ask." Paul said.

I was packing my backpack just with the things that were in there from the start, like my journal, camera, some books, make up, perfume, my phone, and a picture of my family.

I then heard a knock at the door.

I opened it.

"Angel, what's the matter?" Paul asked.

"Boys, I'm going home." I said.

They were all surprised.

"Home? But I thought you said it was impossible to get back home." Ringo said.

"It was, but I now know a way." I said.

"And what is it?" George asked.

"I......I can't tell you." I said.

"Angel, you can tell us anything. You can trust us." John said.

I tried to think of something to say, but I couldn't.

"I suppose it's time to tell the truth." I said.

I lead the boys to the sitting room.

"Okay, this may sound crazy, but it's all true. You have to believe me." I said.

The boys nodded.

"My real name is (Your Full Name) and the only reason I said it was hard to get home is because I couldn't remember how to get home, but then when John said there is a lightening storm tomorrow, I remembered." I said.

"What's lightening got to do with it?" Paul asked.

I took a deep breath.

"I'm from the future." I said.

"How far into the future?" Ringo asked.

"2019. I was struck by lightening when I was leaving the theater at my school and I got transported here." I said.

The boys looked at each other. They didn't know if they believed me or not. The whole thing sounded unrealistic, but the more they thought about it, they knew I wouldn't lie and it made more sense to them.

"Listen, Angel, I mean (Your First Name) Not that we don't believe you, but could we have some proof please?" Ringo asked

I knew I had to.

"As long as you don't share these things with anyone." I said.

They nodded.

I reached into my bag, and showed my camera and my phone.

"This is called an iPhone. It's a portable telephone that you can carry with you and you can call anyone anytime. And this is a video camera. Well, you know what that is. I make videos of me singing with it." I said.

"Is there a video on there now?" John asked.

I nodded.

"Can we see it?" George asked.

They gathered around me, I hit play.

We all watched.

It was the video I was going to submit for the contest.

When it ended, "Where did you hear that song from?" Paul asked.

"Actually, you boys wrote it. Not until next year though." I said.

"Maybe it was you who gave us that song. You were meant to come back to this time and give us the song." Ringo said.

I thought about it. 

"Maybe." I said.

"So, this lightening is your only chance at getting home?" John asked.

I nodded.

"Well, if this is really your last night here with us, we shall give you a proper goodbye." Paul said.