22

┏━━━━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━━━━┓

Hermiones pov

"What's the next place on the list?" I questioned, we had been looking for Pansy for a month "there is no more" Harry said, I looked up "what do you mean?" I asked "we've looked everywhere on the list, every place you said too and nothing. There's no where else she could be" he said "then we look over the old ones" I said, emotions filling my head

"t..there's bound to be somewhere, w-we check the club again we....w-" I began, tears filling my eyes, harry pulled me into a hug. I began to cry and he joined me, we cried for awhile holding onto each other for support. After awhile we separated, he went upstairs into his side of the tent. I stayed where I was, my head filled with so many thoughts.

The next day we packed up and went looking in diagon alley again. We went down the alley way and Into the dark wizard world and done what we had done for just over a month, but once again nothing. When we arrived back in the normal wizarding world there was papers and posters being plastered to the walls. I nudged Harry who followed me to one. When I looked at it I froze

"Pansy Penelope Parkinson, after having been missing for just over a month has been found dead. Her body was discovered by a lake in muggle London. There are no current leads on who killed her but we keep her friends and family in our prayers at this time"

I screamed, my entire body filling with pain. Harry grabbed me as I hit the ground. His own tears hitting me. "Noooooo!" I yelled, I screamed again in pain. My entire world falling to pieces. The bystanders looked on in sympathy, some leaning down to comfort but others just looking.

The funeral was held in the Parkinson's house, it was the first time I had seen everyone in over a month. I wore all black,  a small splash of green on my neck from the necklace she had given me. I felt emotionless, my entire world felt plain and boring without the laughs and smiles of Pansy Parkinson, nothing seemed to fit together anymore. Draco kept a close eye on me throughout the day to make sure I was okay but I know he couldn't tell. The others stayed round Harry comforting and helping him.

I stayed behind when everyone went to take their seats, her body hadn't been moved to where they were holding the main part of the funeral so I went to see her. I walked over to the casket, it was dark green with silver lining it. She wore a green dress and was wrapped up in her Slytherin robe. Her hair was longer than it was last, it hit her shoulders now instead of her normal curly long bob thing she had going on. But when I looked closer I noticed somethings that didn't seem right, her hair was a lot lighter than it normally is. And thinner.

She didn't have any freckles either, not even the one that was on her left cheek . I walked away, the thought that, that might not be her playing on my mind. The rest of the ceremony was beautiful, and peaceful. It was what she deserved. After everyone said their story's and goodbyes the graveyard emptied but I stayed. Sitting by the grave "merlin pansy....I'm sorry I couldn't get to you in time. I tried...I really did. I love you with all of my heart and I don't know how I'm going to get over this...merlin we were one of the same soul..." I said, tears forming

"don't cry child" a voice said, I turned around and seen my father standing by the trees. Seconds later I was running towards him, wand out cursing spells at him. He didn't flinch "you killed my bestfriend!" I screamed

"now now, come on Hermione you're smarter than this" he said, I shot another spell "do you honestly think I'd kill someone so close to you? No...I'd use them as bait" he said, a sly smirk. Just as I went to shoot another curse he disappeared. I lost it. I let him get away.

I didn't believe Pansy was dead, and the only reason at this point is that we went and did something. We got paired. A mark was put on both our arms and sealed with extremely advanced magic meaning whenever one of us was injured or hurt we'd know...we were one of the same soul. But if one of us died the mark fades. Mine hasn't. It had been a week since the funeral and I had kept away from everyone, staying in the library doing my best to find a way to find Pansy.