10 | Relationship Status

Nothing happened

     Nothing happened.

     Kyle stayed over that night, curled up to a sleeping Chaska until dawn. At a point, he had thought something would have happened, but it seemed that Chaska read his nervousness and drew the line at kissing and sharing light touches.

     They talked until Kyle said something and Chaska never responded. The man had slept off, but Kyle found it difficult to drift off as well. He didn't get a wink of sleep. He spent the whole night marveling at the fact that he was sharing a bed with the man his heart yearned for. He would reach out to touch his face, trace his lips, and occasionally brush back his long dark hair that got tangled whenever the man moved his head. Chaska looked his age when he was asleep. Young. His demeanor was softer, and Kyle guessed that was from the fact that he wasn't carrying any of the heavy thoughts he pulled around with him while awake.

     Sometimes he would get brave and scoot closer, before throwing an arm over the man as he pressed their noses together.

     Hours would pass, and Kyle would get up to walk around the house. He would be greeted with a meow from a cat or two. And while he was at the fridge looking for something to drink one came up to rub their body against his feet. He didn't look around much. He just moved from the kitchen, living room, bathroom and then back to Chaska's room. He felt roaming too far and poke-nosing would be rude.

     "Did you sleep well?" Chaska would ask him when he finally peeled his eyes open at around seven in the morning. Kyle would nod, lying because he didn't want to explain why he had been so restless. Chaska would smile at him, patting his cheek before getting up and leaving the bedroom.

     Now Kyle was alone in the small bedroom. The queen-sized bed took up most of the space, leaving just enough room for a small drawer. Kyle sat still from the time he heard Chaska brushing his teeth to the time the shower stopped running and Chaska stopped humming.

     "You can use the shower, and I could borrow you some clothes," the young man muttered as he walked into the room with a towel rubbing his hair and nothing else. Kyle's eyes went wide with shock, but he managed a nod before casting his eyes down to the tiled ground. He had seen a deal many naked men in his life, but something just made this different. He felt like his chest would give way to his leaping heart any moment, and that he might faint from the sound of blood pumping in his ears.

     Chaska didn't seem affected, though. He moved around like it was any other day, getting into his usual sporty attire. "I have to go to work, and we have to pick Otis," the man said when he noticed Kyle hadn't moved from his seat at the edge of the bed.

     "Oh, right," Kyle said, finally getting on his feet. "For a moment, he had forgotten about his usual morning routine. He guessed he would drive Chaska with him to pick Otis up from his mother's before dropping him and Chaska off at the preschool building.

     "Hurry, if I make breakfast and the cats get to your portion first, there's nothing I can do about it," the man said with a chuckle, sitting on the bed before tossing Kyle the fresh towel he had scavenged from the lowest level of his drawer. "There's a new toothbrush in the bathroom somewhere," he added as Kyle thanked him.