Takanori: "Yes, I'll be right there."

He bowed then headed to the car.

Takanori: "Hey, did you bring the envelope I asked for?" I asked my assistant.

"Yes, sir, I did," She said, retrieving an envelope from her bag and handed it to me.

Takanori: "Thanks, I'll be right back. You can wait for me by the car."

She bowed then left.

I quickly headed back up to Layla to say goodbye. Sadly, Layla was still out cold. I couldn't bring myself to wake up Sleeping Beauty. So I just sat next to her as she slept soundly. Grabbing a pen and paper, I quickly jotted down a note for Layla. I placed the envelope I got from my assistant underneath the note, kissed Layla's cheek, then left.

For the first few minutes of the drive to the airport, I just thought about Layla and all the memories I made with her. I wondered if my little trouble maker was up yet and if she missed me. I smiled when that thought ran through my head. My smile quickly faded when thoughts of my dream last night swirled around in my head.

These dreams are starting to feel more and more like memories now. Since my discovery of the wine glass and napkin with my name illustrated across it, they've been very vivid. The words on the tiny umbrella still left me with so many questions.

Is it wrong to still miss you?

The hollow ache I felt thinking about those words made me very unsettled. The only thing I could do was sigh and rub my chest. 'Why do I feel like I've forgotten someone important to me? How long will I have to feel this way?' I thought, staring out the window wishing for something to take this empty pain away. At that moment, we passed a familiar place.

Takanori: "Stop the car!" I said when I realize we passed the convenience store where I met Hiki.

"Is something the matter?" my assistance asked, concerned by the sudden standstill.

Takanori: "No, I'll be right back," I said, throwing my hoodie and sunglasses on.

I got out of the car and quickly jogged back to the store. Hiki had a few people in line waiting to cash out, so I just 'sauntered' around the store, picking up some miscellaneous items for the trip. I've had years of practice keeping a low profile when I go out, so I had no problem going unnoticed. Slipping into the back of the line, I patiently waited until I got to the front.

Hiki: "Hello, young man, are you ready to check out?" she politely smiled.

I nodded my head, then stepped up and placed the things in my hand in front of her.

'3 bags of chips, a blue Gatorade, some gum, and a fidget spinner.'

Hiki: "Will this be all for you today?" she said, ringing up the items.

I paused then quickly grabbed two bags of M&M's then nodded.

Hiki: "Young Iwata, is that you?" she said, smiling up at me.

I quickly surveyed the area to make sure the coast was clear then took my shades off.

Takanori: "Who else would it be? Do you have other lovers?" I said, giving her a quick wink, leaning on to the counter, smiling.

Hiki: "What a pleasant surprise. It's wonderful to see you again." she smiled.

Takanori: "It's wonderful to see you too." I smiled.

Hiki: "To what do I owe this pleasure." she said, putting my things in a bag.

Takanori:" Would you believe me if I said it's just to see you."