We continued walking around the school open ground with Chaeyoung talking nonsense that I don't give a damn about. Sighing, her words from earlier started swirling around me.

I just hope I'm not too late for everything.

I'm coming for you...

Or so I thought...

AUTHOR'S P.O.V.

"Jungkook told me you wanted to see me?" The brunette asked the moment she approached the person.

"Ye-yeah." Kai cleared his throat while scratching his nape, stuttering with his own words.

"Are you okay? You look nervous. What's wrong?" Jennie asked as she scrutinized the tall guy in front of her. She brought her thumb to his chin and examined his face. Kai flinched and gulped hard as he started sweating uncontrollably.

"Oh my gosh! Are you sick?" Jennie's eyes widen and brought her hand to his temples, checking his body temperature. Kai quickly shook his head in response and grabbed the brunette's hands from his temples.

"I-I'm fine. I ju-just wanted to tell you something. If yo-you know? Don't mind?" He smiled shyly while scratching the back of his neck for the second time around.

"Is it important?" The feline enchantress asked as she pushed her hair to the side, sticking brown locks behind her ears. Kai nodded.

"Mhmmm... okay then. Shoot." Jennie hummed before coaxing Kai to talk, a smile plastered on her sole features.

Kai fixed his posture and straightened his back, clearing his throat before speaking...

"Uh you know... since the Masquerade Ball is three weeks away... uh." The guy trailed off, trying to find the next words to voice out.

Jennie looked at him with a confused look but after realization hit her, she froze on her stance while looking straight to the guy.

"Please don't let it be what I think it is." She spoke up in her mind, mentally praying for all the gods.

"I-I know it's too early to ask but I wanted to ask you before anyone else can and I-I'm sorry for not preparing anything to make this special... I just want to ask you this early for you to have the time to think about it..." He smiled nervously but kept his cool.

"Uhhh... Jennie do yo-you want to be my da-date for the Ball?" He finally asked while stuttering, afraid of the brunette's reply.

Jennie looked at him with a 'are you serious?' look, not wanting to believe it. Kai's face quickly fell at the long silence. The brunette noticed it and quickly gathered herself back up.

"I... I don't know, Kai. I don't really like to be in social events considering that I'm some kind of anti-social." Jennie replied while sighing, the guy frowned but managed to put up a smile.

"That's why I asked you this early. Could you atleast... uhmm... think about it?" He asked, trying not to sound desperate. Jennie nodded her head.

"I will think about it." Smiling, the guy quickly embosomed her. Jennie shook her head and giggled and patted his head before pulling away from him.

"Is that all you wanted to say?" The brunette quizzed while looking at her phone.

"Actually, no. I ha-have something really important to tell you." He simply replied, feeling nervous again.

The brunette crossed her arms and gave him a look.

"Spill it now. I need to go to the library." She demanded in a gentle way.