"Tanah?"

The male turned, but it wasn't him. It was someone else. The male's red eyes pierced through the darkness, his hair ghostly white.

Api stepped back, despite the barriers segregating them.

"Tanah?" Api repeated cautiously.

With a primal scream, the metal ground quaked as fissures appeared on the flooring, disabling the barriers as Tanah lunged at Api, determined to tear him apart.

* * *

"Heart rate stable."

"Brainwaves stable."

"Blood flow stable."

Petir stared at the ceiling emotionlessly, her arms strapped to her sides as the scientists attached tubes to her forehead and arms, more specifically, to her power watch. She was being prepped for a massacre, but her mind was blank.

Moments later, she wouldn't exist as Petir any longer. Her powered counterpart would follow Bora-ra like a mindless slave, unkillable and ruthless.

She wondered if this was the right thing to do.

If Tanah was safe, then it meant this would be worth it. She would sacrifice her world for him.

An oxygen mask was placed over her mouth and nose.

Before she lost consciousness, she could see Halilintar materializing next to her, no longer restricted in her command, but under Bora-ra's.

She closed her eyes.

* * *

Api had no idea what these walls were made of, but whoever created them deserved a raise. Excluding the fact that he was about to die, they were excellent craftsmanship.

"Tanah! It's me, Api!" Api shrieked. Tanah's earth-gloved hand created a crater above his head, missing his hair by an inch. "I don't want to hurt you! Listen to me!"

"Don't want to hurt me?" Tanah sneered, scarlet eyes glinting insanely. "That's too bad, because that's all I want to do!"

"What's going on!" Api screamed, fists flaring with golden fire. "Why is Petir working for Bora-ra! Why is your elemental form separated from you!"

"Not anymore!" Tanah bellowed. "I'm ending everything! Starting with you."

Api was suddenly veiled in a layer of fire, forcing Tanah to recede in shock. When the flames died down, he was wielding twin chakrams, a black cap donned upon his head.

"I don't want to do this, but you're out of your mind!" Blaze blasted a wave of fire at his former president, sending him back. He recovered almost instantly and punched the ground, summoning pillars at the fire manipulator. Blaze dodged that too.

The commotion attracted plenty of attention. There were guards making their way, but the heat and quakes made it difficult for them to advance. There was no help coming for the both of them. By the way things were going, someone was bound to be sacrificed in the war.

Blaze raised a wall of fire that separated him and Tanah. That guy was out of his mind. What had happened? The last he checked, Tanah wasn't on board for dying his hair and wearing glow-in-the-dark contact lens.

"Get back here!" Tanah yelled through the flames.

Blaze bolted towards the exit. He slammed the button that shut it. "That's an order I'll have to ignore, prez!"

The doors closed with a hiss. He pressed his back against the heated metal wall, breathing a sigh of relief.

He was greeted by Halilintar, who was standing in the corridor like the grim reaper, the lights flickering between life and death.

* * *

"I can't believe this," Cahaya muttered. "Any of it. Not now. Someone please wake me up."

Angin, Air and Daun exchanged worried glances. They had never seen the light elemental fret about a matter for such a long period. It's been an hour and they were in Angin's room, which seemed convenient at the moment when he helped them make their grand escape.

"It's not a dream, Cahaya," Air said bluntly. "You have to accept it. Even if it means accepting the unacceptable."

"There's no logical explanation!" Cahaya berated himself. "I've known her since she was still on all fours! When could she have gotten her powers? Why would she be after Daun? She isn't someone who would be persuaded by anything! Let alone killing Tanah!"

"I got my powers by saving someone from drowning. There is no logical explanation," Air snapped. "Face it. We don't know why we got our powers or where it came from, but it's something much more. You should see that."

"I don't!" Cahaya screeched, pacing around the room. "I don't know what's going on! I thought I was the only one, but apparently not!"

Angin snorted. "What he said."

Air smacked the back of his head.

Daun blinked. "Speaking of which, how did you get your powers? I got mine when I helped a cat who was lost in the forest."

Angin suddenly turned hard of hearing. He escaped the situation by claiming he had stuff to resolve.

Cahaya pinched the bridge of his nose. "I believe I acquired my abilities when I stepped up for someone who was being treated unfairly by the teacher."

Daun blinked. "What does 'acquired' mean?"

The hydrokinetic female briefed Daun through the definition. After another hour, Cahaya managed to calm down and called it a night. He might be a night owl, but these were kids younger than him.

Angin and Daun bid everyone farewell as they left their apartment.

"You should call Api," Cahaya murmured. "Let him know that you're safe."

Air yawned. She was dreaming of dreaming in her bed soundly, but he had a fair point. Fishing her phone from her pocket, she dialled her brother's number.

He didn't pick up.