Okay. Pause. Were we still role-playing here? Had I told him about the night we'd gone out to spy on his brother? I wasn't sure.

"Tell me more," I prodded.

Ben moved in closer, bringing his lips all the way up to mine. He didn't kiss me, though; instead, he gently and very softly moved them over mine.

"Then, two weeks later, I saw you at another party. Seems we're both on the same gay club circuit." He shot me a knowing look and I smiled back at him. "You looked so damn sexy that night, and I wanted to speak to you so badly, but I was too nervous. So I just sat in the corner and watched you." He smiled his devastating smile at me. "God, you looked so confident and happy, and did I mention sexy. Fuck, you looked beautiful that night."

I bit my lip a little trying to remember the night he was referring to. "Do you remember what I was wearing?"

"Perfectly. That tight, black pencil skirt that drives me mad and your little corporate white-collar shirt that makes you look like a schoolteacher. And then JJ pulled your shirt out and tied it in that knott in your waist."

"I remember that." JJ hated it when I went out in my work clothes.

"And then he pulled out your ponytail and ruffled your hair and in that exact moment all my school boy librarian fantasies came true. I tried to come over and talk to you but... so I basically went to bed fantasizing about what it would be like to be with you and kicking myself for not having spoken to you."

My heart started beating faster and faster as it was quickly becoming clear that he was no longer role-playing. This was real.

"Why didn't I see you?"

"I told you, I sat in the back... lurking in the dark corners. Blending into the shadows. And then  I asked someone who you were. That's how I knew your name."

Ben kissed me

Ben kissed me. "Sera," he said, then pulled away and looked me in the eyes before going in for another small kiss. "Sera," he said again, then went in for a deeper kiss. A long, deep kiss. God, he tasted so good, I wanted to eat him.

"Did you see me again?" I asked, reeling from the kiss he'd just given me.

He nodded. "Seems you and the guys like to go dancing." His hand crept onto my thigh and he kissed me behind my ear. "It was the most ridiculous dancing I'd ever seen."

An image flashed through my mind and I knew which night he was referring to. "We were doing our Gangnam style impersonation," I said, but the words came out breathy. Ben had slipped his hand in between my thighs and pushed them open.

"You looked so happy, but then..." Ben stopped half way through the sentence and I knew why. I remembered what had happened next.

"You took out your phone and your whole face changed. Suddenly you looked like the saddest girl in the entire world and I wanted to run across the room and hold you. In that moment, it felt like you were showing me this other side of yourself, this vulnerable side. And I felt like I knew you. I can't explain it any other way, but from that moment I just knew I wanted you."