Radiant's Show

The air was tight. The eerie creaking of the plank AloneTraveler walked with on with ease. Most would be troubled while walking.

As much as he talked in a jumbled up manner at times, his mind was organized and balanced.

The Supreme Leader requested for him to visit his residence. AloneTraveler didn't waste any time in locking up SELOZAR and sheathing his sword into its normal place.

The creaking ceased, and he looked up to the towering mansion.

Then, the steel doors began to slide open, screaming while it slid against the cold walls. Alone welcomed himself in, a gloved hand oustretched before him.

He took Great's hand in his stone one, shaking it as a greeting. "Welcome, my friend." Great's deep voice spoke.

"I need a favor from you," He'd explain to his ally. "I need you to keep an eye on a certain someone."

~***~
Radiant's show: Chapter 7

"You wouldn't mind if I called you up to stage, do you?" Radiant smiles down at me. "Everyone would love to see your pretty face~!"

I blush. I love it when he flirts like that, but I know he does it to everyone. It's his personality, not just me. "I wouldn't mind it a bit, Radiant!" I smile back at him.

"Well that's Radiant! So don't be startled if I called you up on stage~" He winks, pressing his hand closer against mine.

I laugh, continuing to walk alongside Radiant. He's probably the Operative I could trust the most, since he is so nice and protective over me.

But that makes me wonder why.

Finally, we get there and Radiant guides me to a seat in the front row, right in the middle. I thank him quietly, and he runs off, backstage.

After a little over ten minutes, Civilians begin to pile in, one-by-one. The front row seats were the first to be taken. A straw hat-wearing pink haired girl catches my eye, as well as a black haired girl wearing the same punk hat as Radiant. The pink haired-girl was fighting with another Civilian, pushing them off the seat. How rude, that civilian was trying to steal her seat!
Then, the unknown civilian storms off, leaving the girls giggling to each other. Then, I pay no more mind to them as the lights dim and the show begins. The red curtains open, revealing Dynamic on a piano, Unstable on a Bass Guitar, and of course, the one and only Radiant.

~***~

Radiant had played Hey there Delilah, as requested by the pink-haired girl, done a couple "magic tricks," by killing a civilian. I did not have a great reaction, since I know that those damn Operatives shoot civilians without any reason. Personal entertainment, I'm guessing.

Then, comes the part that worries me the most.

It is almost the end of the show, and Radiant silences the crowd. "Now, for my last act tonight, I will be dancing with a member of the audience tonight!" He booms, smiling as the audience cheers.

He paces the stage, not daring to put his eyes on me yet.

He brings a white hand to his chin in a v-shape, humming in thought. His audience is quiet as can be, I can hear his silent humming!

"Now, who will it be~?" Radiant says, sashaying down the steps of the stage, walking down the isles of steel chairs.

I can already feel warmth of embarrassment creeping to my face. "Oh lord..." I whisper under my breath.

His steps grow louder, and by now, I can hear the ruffling of his suit.

"Hello, my dear~" He extends an arm to my face. "Care to join me on the stage~?"

"Of course, [OPERATIVE] Radiant." I say respectfully, looking up to meet his shimmering gaze. I can feel the other Civilian's jealous gazes bore into me. 

He pulls me up by my hand, gentle as ever, considering the bruise on my wrist. We skipped up stage. He calls to the operatives behind him, ordering for some music.

"Everyone, this is (Y/N)! She was a big step in finding a cure for the [NIGHTS DISEASE]!" At his words, his audience grows in volume, clapping and cheering. "For her reward for tonight, she gets to dance up here on stage with me~!" He beams, holding my hand high with his. The music starts.

Oh god. Is that slow-dancing music...?

He grips my other hand gently, and he leads me into a slow dance. Since he's so close, I can hear him humming notes from the song, and he'd tap his pointer finger against my knuckle to the beat.

My face was probably completely red at the moment. Once I gathered the courage to look up to his face, I saw his half-lidded gaze.

After such excruciatingly embarrassing slip-ups and me stepping on Radiant's foot, the song slowly comes to an end. As Unstable and Dynamic play their last chords, and the audience leans forward with anticipation, Radiant copies their gestures, only toward me.

My face gets redder - if it could even get redder - and he pulls me closer by my hips. He leans over my shoulder and whispers in my ear. "My dear, are you afraid of being on stage?" I nod, as Radiant still sways me in his strong arms. "Well, you're fear is only gonna get worse~"

Oh no - What does that mean?
Radiant lifts his head up a little, looking down at me with love-filled eyes. His punk cap was askew on his white head, as he did not fix it throughout our dance. He begins to lean in close.

Oh god- he isn't going to-

Radiant presses his lips onto mine, as the song ends on a more trailed-off note, not a smooth ending. The crowd goes wild with many emotions expressed. After this, I am not going to have such a reputation with these civilians, aren't I?

He pulls away, a hint of dusty gold blanketed over his face. Just as I had almost passed out, he dips me suddenly, my right leg sticking upward and my neck craning down.

He pulls me back up, the crowd cheering. The curtains close, and Radiant smiles at me. The other Operatives looked somewhat happy, yet a smear of jealousy was detected there.

All the blood had rushed to my face as I processed what just happened. I blacked out.