Perfect Illusion

You opened my eyes feeling groggy from the night before. You looked at your nightstand seeing the glimmering ring. You couldn't help but smile as you thought back to last night. You got up putting the ring on before heading to the kitchen. You maneuvered your way making sure you didn't step on the rose petals on the floor.

Turning on the coffee machine, you grabbed two mugs from the cupboard, pouring sugar on mine. You felt his arms wrap around me enveloping me in warmth.

"Good Morning," He mumbled to your ear, his voice still hoarse from sleep. "Hows my beautiful Fiancee?" Fiancee. Its gonna take some time to get used to that word.

"I am doing wonderful," You poured the coffee, handing him the cup as you turned to face him. "You sure you can't call in sick today?" You didn't want this dream state that you were in to end.

"The company is shifting and they want me to be there," I pouted looking up at him. You leaned in giving him a kiss pulling him closer to you.

As soon as he left you texted Beth excited to tell her.

No way! come over right now the girls are also here.

You smiled grabbing your keys heading to drive over there.

~~~

Once you arrived at Beth's, you heading to her living room seeing the girls sitting on the couch.

"Show me the rock," Annie squealed calling you over. You went up to them showing them the ring.

"Oh My God it's so beautiful," Beth grinned but you could tell she was thinking about something else.

"Im sorry, Beth." She must be thinking about her failed marriage and a lame excuse of a husband. She stopped her daydreaming shaking her head.

"Dont be Dean's an asshole," All of us laughed at that for a few second before Ruby spoke up.

"Is that 3 carats?" You looked at the ring thinking about it.

"I think so," Jake did say he's been wanting to do this for weeks and business was good.

"holy damn, I can pay my custody lawyer with that," Annie said.

"I can get a whole new kidney with that," Ruby added.

"kidney? I can pay my mortgage," You took your hand away from Ruby looking at the girls.

"Stay away from my ring," You teased which erupted in another laugh from all of you

~~~

"Y/n you did not need to come grocery shopping with me," You ignored her protest. Jake works most mornings and you stay cleaning but when it's only you and the dog after while some things stay clean.

"Please Beth it beats staying home alone," Beth was quicker than you.

"Having the house to yourself? Its a dream," She joked as she entered the kitchen. She let out a scream which caused you to drop the bag and run to her. When you entered the kitchen you saw a few men chilling in the kitchen. You could sense the fear radiating from Beth but there was a sense of familiarity that made you not scared.

"What do you want?" Beth blocked you trying to protect you. You were going crazy trying to find out what was happening. Were they looking for you? The man glimpsed at you before looking back at Beth. He froze for a second turning towards you again.

"Oh relax sweetheart," You remembered those words said to you dozens of times and now your past was back and standing ten feet away. He turned around continuing the talk with Beth. "I just need you to call your lady friends" You remained frozen, not knowing how to react. Rio signaled one of the guys to take Beth to the other room to make sure she didn't call the police or anything.

He stalked towards you touching the strands of your hair. " Got rid of the red" He teased you, which slightly made you smile.

"Got a neck tat," You weren't gonna lie it looked kinda good on him. He licked his lips smirking at you. He looked down seeing a glimpse of the ring. You hid your hand behind your back looking up at him.

"So tell me when did you become a suburban house bitch," You were about to tell him something when his men came in Beth following behind. Rio took a step back talking to Beth but always glimpsing at you.

~~~~

"How was today?" You asked Jack as he walked inside. You were just finishing up the dishes.

"Annoying but they invited me for dinner so I was a bit late," You shrugged it giving him a hug.

"It's okay, I stayed at Beth's today she needed my help with something" You gave him a kiss trying to forget Rio. This was the man that you cared about standing right in front of you. "I've missed you so much,"

"You saw me today in the morning,"

"I know," You smiled bitting your lower lip. You gave him another kiss slowly pulling him closer.

~~~~

You woke up an hour later seeing Jake in his desk. You grabbed your robe wrapping it around you before walking to him. You rested your hand on his shoulder peeking overseeing him scribble away something.

"What's wrong, baby," He looked over seeing it was you before letting out a breath.

"the company want to show more improvement in products" He rubbed his face in exhaustion. You could tell he was stressed, coming home late sometimes he stayed in his office working out kinks. "but im not sure what I could do," I saw the blueprints of the products thinking of something.

"How about if you give away products," He turned to you looking confused. You giggled before continuing. "People love free th-" You stopped when Jake started talking.

"Hey baby it's gonna be a long night do you think you can make me a coffee?" You felt a ticked annoyed but he did need coffee.

"Oh yeah ok sure," You gave him a kiss before heading to the kitchen to serve the coffee.

Okay I know I know a slow beginning but just wait I have a feeling y'all will love it.