EPILOGUE

Kara's POV

I kneeled down, sitting on my feet. I took off my graduation cap and placed on the top right corner of mom's tombstone. I placed my hands on my lap and took a deep breath.

"Hi mom, I just graduated. I wish you could've seen me march up the stage and receive my diploma. I bet you'd be so proud of me. I miss you, mom."

"The last time I went here was when I graduated from highschool. I'm sorry if I wasn't able to come back here eversince, I wanted to work hard to graduate as a lawyer like I've always dreamed of. I hope that wherever you are, you're proud of me. I dedicate this to you, mom. You may might have made some mistakes in your life but you were a good mother to me nonetheless."

"Me and Dominic ended up together. I know that you believe otherwise, but he truly loves me, mom. He was there for me when I was grieving for your death. He helped me overcome the obstacles I've encountered. He was there with me through ups and downs. I love him, mom. It took him a long time but he has forgiven you already. I hope you also find peace with him as well. I love you, mom. I hope you are happy wherever you are."

The grass crunched behind me and I looked up. I saw Dominic in his graduation gown, standing behind me, his tall figure towering over me.

"Do you want to say something?" I asked him. He looked at my mom's tombstone and stayed silent for a couple of minutes. Then he looked back at me and offered me his hand.

"Come, I'll introduce you to someone," he said and I took his hand and he pulled me up. I bid goodbye to mom and he entertwined his fingers with mine as we walked away and went to another part of the cemetery. 

We approached another tombstone. Me and Dominic indian sat across it and I read the name engraved on it.

Lucy Dominique Collins

"The last time I went here was on your birthday. I told you that the next time I'm visiting you, I'm already graduated as an engineer and that I'll be bringing someone to introduce to you. Well, here she is. I want you to meet Kara, my girlfriend of five years."

Dominic looked at me and smiled at me. I looked down on his mom's tombstone and cleared my throat.

"Hi, I'm Kara. Dominic has told me so much about you, and I want to thank you for taking care of him and giving him the love he deserves. I promise to love him the way you did and accept him with my whole heart. I wish I could've gotten the chance to meet a tough woman like you," I said and smiled at the tombstone. Dominic leaned his head on my shoulder and kissed my jawline. We stayed there for a few hours and laid down on the grass, enjoying the fresh wind.

A lot has happened since then. I immediately went back to school after mom's death and got reunited with Lucifer. The three us spent time together again like before, eating together on lunch breaks and studying together on the upcoming exams. Dominic started courting me and a few months later, I said yes to him. Principal Arthur signed off as our principal for some unknown reason and eversince then, the killings in our school stopped and it became a peaceful and healthy environment for studying, eventually gaining it's title among the best universities in the country.

But it didn't stop there. I discovered something more. When mom died, I was gathering all her stuff and was putting them into a box for me to keep. I saw many journals in her cabinet dating back decades ago. I read them one by one and she narrated there what really happened. Dominic was telling me the truth afterall. We also found out that she also cursed Dominic's mom, causing her to become ill and eventually pass away.

Me and Myst got close with each other and he confessed to me one time that he was the killer in our school. He and Dominic had conspired to help each other gain vengeance for their mom, him taking care of principal Arthur and Dominic focusing on my mother. At first I had a hard time processing it but a few weeks after I managed to talk to him again. Now, he has gone and fled to other part of the country to expand his business.

When I graduated from highschool I moved into Dominic's house and lived with him. We spent a lot of time together and I helped him control himself better. At first he was still hesitating to let me help him but he gave in and allowed me to see all of him. At first I was afraid of him but I had nothing to be scared about, I know he will never hurt me. He might not be a perfect boyfriend to me but he still does his best to keep me happy and I am proud to have someone like him.

Sometimes I sit and think about how did things lead to this. Everything happened so fast I feel like it was just yesterday when I was so anxious about transferring to a new school. So many crazy things have happened but I don't regret experiencing any of them. They have taught me so many things that I can't learn from school and this is something I will treasure forever.

"Do you want to watch the sunset?" I asked Dominic and he looked at me.

"Sure," he said and snuggled closee to me. He placed his arm underneatg my head and I used it as my pillow. I placed my head in the crook of his neck and we watched the sun go down, the sky changing hues of color.

After that we went home and took a rest. We stayed up all night and watched movies and did all we wanted to do. We ate food and slept together in each other's arms. I've never felt so happy now that we have graduated from college, are happy each other, living together under one roof, and everything is going well and everything seems perfect. Eversince Dominic became I boyfriend I have always thought of starting a family with him and raising our children together and growing old with him. All throughout my life I've always spent time trying to find out where I really fit in and nothing feels more right that being with him. He always say that I filled up the void in his heart and that he will be forever thankful that I chose to love him, but I feel the same towards him. I don't think I would go this far without his support.

And for that, I will never leave his side. He may be a demon, but he is my demon.