Chapter 13

Happy Monday! I hope you guys enjoy this chapter. I've been really happy with the feedback you guys have been giving, so please keep it up! Thank you for reading!

********

The bar definitely wasn't what she thought it was.

"Do you own this?" Fran whispered to her husband. She'd allowed him to hold her hand when they walked in because of her nervousness, but it wouldn't be going farther than that any time soon.

"Yeah, baby," He responded without taking his eyes off of the room. She'd only asked because her husband had quite a bit of money and this place didn't show that. Wallpaper was peeling off the walls, the chairs and tables has long, deep scratches all over them, and the pool tables could use more than just new felt.

"Are you sure?" Her voice was quiet because the entire bar had stopped talking when they walked through the doors. Plus, there were only a few men here. She was sure there were more men in her house than this.

"I'm positive," he answered, chuckling. She remained silent while he dragged her to the bar and ordered them two glasses of white wine.

"White wine? You don't like white whine," she murmured. He let his eyes drift over the room, reaching his hand for the glass when it was set down in front of him.

"It's a white wine kind of night, Fran," he said. Tony hadn't looked at her since they'd arrived. His eyes were always sweeping over the room, but never making eye contact with her.

"Tony?"

"Hm?" His eyes finally, slowly drifted to meet Fran's. "What?"

"That's the first time you've even looked at me since we've been here," she stated. Fran crossed her arms and waited for a response.

"Sorry, Fran, I'm just keeping an eye out." Tony's response caused Fran to roll her eyes and turn towards the bar. She grabbed her glass of white wine and took a quick swig.

"Aren't we supposed to be meeting people here? Like, a hell of a lot of people?" Fran felt like this day had dragged on forever, and all she wanted to do was stay calm and quiet. Now that she knew of Tony's secret life, she wasn't sure she'd ever get her wish.

"In a second, Fran. Andy, you got the bar?"

"Sure thing, boss," the bartender answered, grabbing Tony's glass from his outstretched hand. He turned to Fran with questioning eyes, but she shook her head. She'd need this little bit of alcohol to get her through the night.

Tony took her hand in his and led her across the room to a small door in the back. It was near the restrooms and when Tony knocked, a gruff voice shouted out, "Who's there?"

"Antonio Romero," Tony said fluently. Fran felt as if all the air had been vacuumed out of her body. When she made the comment earlier about Tony not being his actual name, she'd been joking. Tears filled her eyes because of how much she really didn't know her husband.

The door opened and Fran got a quick look at the man who had shouted before she was pulled down a long hallway by her husband. The man was tall, lanky, and had a short beard. He must have been some sort of protection, but as she looked at his thin body, she wondered how much protection he really was.

They went through two more doors before coming upon one with a keypad on it. Fran let her eyes wander at first, not wanting to see something private, but then she scowled. Privacy meant nothing anymore, and she was here to learn everything.