I nodded and again moved ahead to strike. I was getting sharper at noticing his movement and several times our weapons would collide but I could never hurt him.

"You need an official training for using your Soul energy Princess, to focus better on how to use your five senses. That will help you increase your speed and if you learn to master that I can then teach you to tackle the elements." He explained as if we are here to stay forever while he teaches me about battle and power and not for some mission.

"That will take a long time Prince," I said loving the use of new nickname against him.

"Is there a problem with that?" He asked as he had no problem to spend forever with me and this time our swords clashed together and we were eye to eye even though he was taller than me.

I gasped audibly at our proximity as I can see behind the mask now, his roguish handsomeness was disarming as his eyes flickered to my lips. 

"You are staring a little too much Princess. Did you forgot, you have a beloved?" He said amused at my actions. 

At that brought me back to my sense.

"Don't assume things, I am still very much in love with him." I retorted more angrily than needed.

And I saw anger flicker in his eyes as he stared back at me.

"I hope you made better choices Princess." And we were fighting again.

His stance changed and he was harsher in his hits. Even though I can see his aura, I can barely spot his shadow now.

"Focus Princess." He jibed at me as I struggled to locate him.

There was no use whining to him how he was using his power and how it was unfair. I tried something else.

And for some reason, the words rang in my head.

Stop looking at my feet, look in my eyes.

His eyes had a captivating power that kept me tied to him, so I tried looking for that indigo eyes as he moved. because no matter the movement of feet, his eyes will be on his opponent. He taught me that.

And after losing my breath and half my determination, I started seeing the pattern, the blur of indigo I was so transfixed on.

I brought my sword with full force aiming to hit him this time but my eyes widened in disbelief as he actually solidified in front of me, confirming my aim and my sword stopped inches away from his cheek. I gasped and pulled back the sword. I didn't even realize my actions as I stepped closer and tiptoed to check if my blade did any harm to his cheek.

"Thank God." I sighed and stepped back awkwardly after my impulsive mistake.

But his arms went around my waist and he roughly pulled me closer and my heart leaped forward in my chest and my eyes widened.

"W-What are you doing?" I asked trying to sound offended but the whole stammering destroyed my tone.

"You are testing my patience, Princess." He said his hoarse tone getting huskier if possible and sending goosebumps all over me.

I was counting reasons to hate him in my head but it was blank at the moment as his breath fanned my face and I tried not to look flustered.

"Why?" I asked talking like a dumb person.

"You are not supposed to care for me or if your sword did any damage, remember." He said in a bitter tone like he doesn't deserve to be cared for and maybe he was right.

I had no excuse whatsoever.

I didn't want to destroy your handsome face. But that would give a boost to his already inflated ego.

And then he suddenly dropped his sword and raised his other hand to cup my cheeks and his skin burned against mine. This time there were no gloves. I tried not to let my eyes close at his touch as the heat rose to my ears.

His thumb carefully caressed my now red ears and now my eyes fluttered closed at this intimate gesture. It was getting difficult for me to breathe every passing minute. I didn't, I couldn't open my eyes now, scared that I might see emotions in his eyes or worse he could see in mine.

My sanity was all lost as I tried to reason with myself for feeling this way around him. But when he didn't move or did anything for a few seconds, I opened my eyes and he sighed as if he was tired of something. He bent his head closer and I made a quick decision in my head to stop him and push him away or to let me do whatever he wants.

I guess my brain was still strong and remembered who he was as my hands reached out to his chest in a weak gesture to stop him. He hesitated for a moment but then he came closer and in the most affectionate manner planted a kiss on my forehead. Never in my life, I felt like melting in a puddle the way I did then.

And now he stepped back.

I didn't move because if I did my legs would give away and I would fall. The warrior princess was amused underneath the foolish princess now as I struggled to just hide my embarrassment at my actions.

The area where his lips touched me was burning I swear, I wanted to touch it and see if there was actual evidence of burns.

"I will be back when the sun sets  Princess to take you to the ball and you can get your mission." He said clearly enjoying my distress.

"B-but my dress?" Came out my senseless words.

"Unfortunately we both are not going in as Prince and Princess."

"Why?"

"Because I didn't want to unmask myself in front of hundred enemies at the ball."

"And I am not an enemy then?" I confirmed.

He just shook his head with a slight smile that made my heart flutter. Just a smile and I was acting like a fool.

"What are we going in as then?"I asked quickly so that I make no more foolish mistakes.

"Assassins."

___

OOKKHHAAAY!

So don't kill me, people!

Going to the ball with a dressed up princess sounded a little too old dated xD Maybe they both can be in a mask and create some havoc ;) *spoiler hint* 

And I wanted Prince to show his face even without the compulsion of the dance.

He trusts her enough now...maybe! :D 

Really really hope you guys like this one, I put my heart into it and besides that this was last minute idea change so.. :)

NEXT UPDATE: FRIDAY