Chapter 7: Hogwarts Express

September 1….

It was time for me to go to Hogwarts. Father, Jasper, and Albert took me to King’s Cross Station to get to the train called Hogwarts Express. Looking at the ticket, the platform was located at 9 3/4. “Is this platform right?” I asked. 

Jasper looked at me. “It’s right,” he told me. Soon, we stood in front of a column. “You have to go through the column and you will appear on the platform,” Father told me. “Through the wall?” I wasn’t so sure. 

Father stood behind me. “I’ll be right behind you,” he told me. I gave him a nod and took a deep breath. I did a bit of a run and felt myself go through the wall and onto the platform. Father gave me a smile. 

“Good,” he said. Jasper and Albert appeared onto the platform a moment later. We had about fifteen minutes. “You should get onto the train,” Albert told me and pushed the cart to a worker. I gave my father a hug.

Father hugged me in return. “Take good care of yourself and write often,” he told me. “I will,” I said to him. Jasper and Albert gave me a hug. “Have fun,” Jasper said to me. “Keep up with your studies,” Albert said. “I will,” I said and walked into the train. Many first year students stood near the window and talked with their parents. I walked through the train and found an empty compartment. 

Once inside the compartment, I sat down and looked at the window to see Father and brothers talking to other people who appeared to be ministry officials. Soon, the train made a huge screech to signal that it was time to go. 

The train started to move and made it’s way out of the building. I felt very emotional because I was experiencing this alone. It would be several hours before the train arrives at Hogwarts. Luckily, I managed to bring a lot of books to read.

Knock…knock…..

I turned my head to the door to see Draco and two boys behind him. “Do you mind if we sit here?” Draco asked me. “Um….sure,” I said shyly. I hadn’t met other people besides those who I had met through Father and my brothers.

Draco sat next to me while the two other boys sat at the seats in front of us. “You are the girl from Flourish and Blotts right? The one trying to get the pureblood dictionary,” he told me. I gave him a small nod.

He gave his hand out to me. “Draco. Draco Malfoy,” he introduced himself to me and emphasized his last name. {He’s a Malfoy!} Father’s word came into my mind. He was one of those who didn’t like muggleborns. I just stared at him. 

“Evelyn Howell,” I introduced myself to him. He raised an eyebrow and took his hand back. “Howell? You can’t be a Howell. From what father told me, Carlisle Howell only has two sons and females hadn't been born in a couple centuries. His oldest son Albert isn’t even married yet so you can’t be his daughter,” Draco said like it was a matter of fact.

Thinking back at the people who I had met, only the Department of International Magical Cooperation and the Department of Magical Law Enforcement knew about me. Very few of the Ministry of Magic Officials knew too. 

“Besides, my father knows every pureblood in the UK,” he told me. I really hated his attitude. He was very arrogant in my opinion. Plus, I shouldn’t be anywhere around this person. I needed to keep myself safe. If lifeblood knew my existence, rather old me that they would want arrange marriage with me. many lifeblood wanted to have connections with the Howells for centuries because the blood cleansing ability.