Chapter 33 - Check

Start from the beginning

Technically Derek I was already looking for that, but Stiles is a bitch to find. I thought.

“And quite frankly I’m not sure how I feel about her partying it up with a bunch or hormonal, drunk, teenage jocks so we have to do something. Stiles is the priority right now, but someone needs to find her.”

I had to hold back a cocky chuckle at the fact I was standing literally five feet away. Thank god for the closed window otherwise Derek probably would have smelt my perfume.

“Sheriff?” Parrish’s voice said as I heard the door opening. “Allison Argent is here.”

“Send her in.” He responded.

I few seconds later I heard the sound of boots on floorboards as Allison walked in. “What’s happening?” She asked.

“We need to find Stiles before the Oni do and trap him. I need you to go home and find everything you can in the house that is non-lethal.” Chris explained. “Then you need to go and track down Anna.”

“I have been since Scott told me what happened, but I can’t find her. I think the best way is by scent.”

“We need Derek to find Stiles.” Chris stated.

“Not Derek… Peter.” Allison said. “He’d probably prefer looking for her over Stiles anyway.”

I heard Derek’s exaggerated sigh followed by, “I’ll ring him.”

Great, so they were sending Peter after me as a last resort and I wasn’t even priority number one. I was a little hurt (or would have been if I had that emotion) and suddenly got an urge to show them otherwise.

I’ll show them something worth making it to the top of the wanted list.

I walked away quickly before they exited the station and saw me. I made it to the woods, which had become my so called hideout, well second hideout, the other was basically any party in town.

My phone went off in my pocket, it had been ringing repeatedly for the last few days from Scott, Allison, the twins, etc. trying to find me and see if I was me again. Most of them I didn’t bother to read I just looked at who sent it and put it away. This time when I pulled my phone out I was expecting it to be Peter after Derek had rung him, but it wasn’t.

It was Stiles.

You’re not the only one that’s been sneaking around to find information. Meet me at Derek’s loft at sunset, Nix –Stiles.

It read, with Nix on the end, letting me know he knew what happened to me and what I was. I couldn’t stop the smirk that appeared. Sunset was about an hour away, so I had time to kill. I went back to the station to see if everyone had left, which they had and found myself watching Parrish. I may not be able to recruit him, but like Argent said… I live for Euphoria… And Parrish was certainly a fine toy to play with.

He was in the main front room talking to another deputy before walking back and going into the Sherriff’s office, the room where the bomb had gone off. I followed him through, no one questioning my presence. They probably just thought I was here to see if there was anything worth salvaging of my dad’s. I closed the door behind me in the card boarded up room causing Parrish to whip around and face me.

“Anna? What are you doing here? Are you okay?”

Should I play the evil card, the lonely and depressed girl that just lost her father, or the panicked and worried friend concerned for Stiles who was yet again missing. “P-Parrish, I’m sorry, I was looking for the Sheriff, but I couldn’t see him or his squad car out front, but I saw you and…” I trailed off as I rambled in an upset and pained voice.

“Hey, hey, it’s alright.” He said as he stepped closer to me, placing a hand on my shoulder. “He just left, I think he’s gone out looking for Stiles again. I can ring him if you like.” He said, reaching for his phone.

“No, don’t. He should be looking, we need to find Stiles and I don’t want be a burden it’s just… I was at home and I know I said I needed to be alone, but…” I let the crocodile tears flow gracefully down my cheek in a convincing way, “I don’t want to be alone anymore, Parrish. I can’t. First my mum, then my friends and now my dad… I-I don’t… everyone is dying around me and… Stiles is missing and Isaac…” I followed through with sobs as I backed up against the wall behind me, out of his reach and slid to the ground.

He walked forward and knelt down next to me, “I know it doesn’t seem like it now, but it does get better. Sooner or later things will work themselves out. The Sheriff will find Stiles, Isaac will be better and you’ll have them with you as well as Scott, Allison and Lydia to get you through it. I know it hurts, but you’re strong. I didn’t know your father for a very long time, but I do know he loved you and he would have wanted you to be brave.”

“You know what Parrish… the badge suits you… you sound exactly like a police officer.” He chuckled with a small smile. “I remember reading somewhere, I can’t remember where or who said it, but it basically said not to wait until it’s too late to tell someone how much you love them and how much you care. Because when they’re gone, no matter how loud you shout and cry, they can’t… no, they won’t hear you anymore.” I paused for a moment, “I-I don’t know if I told them… any of them. The last time I saw my mum we had a huge fight, that’s why she was driving intoxicated. My dad… I didn’t see him for a year and when he came back we never really had time to spend with each other, to catch up.”

“He knew… they both did.” Parrish said.

“Why did you come to Beacon Hills, Parrish? This place is a Grave Yard, why’d you move?”

“I don’t really know. I guess I was drawn here.”

Drawn. The word spun around my head. It sounded so familiar.

‘It’s like a magnet. It attracts the type of things that people like the Argents can fill the pages of a Bestiary with. It will draw them here, like a Beacon.’ Deaton’s voice sounded in my head.

So either Parrish chose a very coincidental word or… he was something else.

My phone went off again and I looked at it to see another message form Stiles.

Come now. –Stiles.

I sighed in annoyance at having to postpone my toying with Parrish game, “I have to go.” I said to him and putting my phone away before he could see who it was from. He nodded and helped me up. “Thank-you.” I said as I gave him a quick hug and wiped away some of my fake tears.

“Anytime. Like I said the other night, I’m here if you need anything.”

I smiled and headed for the door, “Goodbye, Parrish.”

“Jordan!” He called after and I spun around with a confused look. “My name’s Jordan.” He said again.

I smiled again, “Goodbye, Jordan.” I corrected myself and left with an inward smile.

Check.