7. What We Want

"1 . . . 2 . . . 3" I counted aloud, taking a quick sip of the coffee in my hands. It didn't stay in my mouth too long though, I spit it right back into the cup within that same second. "Ew!"

"What the hell this isn't even coffee! It's like candy land in a cup!" Bizzle matched my expression of disgust.

"Well candy land is better than this! What is this? It tastes like melted cardboard" I coughed, attempting to get the taste out of my mouth.

Bizzle shook his head, pushing the cup in front of him. We took our coffees completely differently. I loved sugar! It gives me a boost in the morning and I'll only drink coffee if there's at least 5 sugar spoons in it. Bizzle, on the other hand, likes his coffee plainly black. This morning we decided to switch our drinks and give each other's a try - well you can see how that turned out. Ew.

We switched coffees and then sipped on our own, preferable, coffee blend. Yes, I was working, but it was early and no one else was in. Except Bizzle, he always got up super early and showed up here for his morning sit down. I missed having him around here. The month that he'd disappeared felt like a lot longer than only a few weeks.

I know what you're thinking.

I can see that look on your face.

Why is she talking about stupid coffee and not about their kiss the other night?

To be completely honest, I'm wondering the same thing. The kiss-that whole scene- didn't escalate us anymore than our current stance. We were like really close friends. Close friends who occasionally soak up each others beauty and flirt like crazed cave men. I think you can match up the 'who does what' in that situation. It was just a really awkward stage.

Bizzle had stopped by every morning for coffee, as he always did. Besides that hour or so early in the morning, we didn't interact much more. I'm positive he was waiting for me to make a move. For me to push things forward since he poured his heart out on me less than a week ago.

And I knew what I wanted.

Him.

You'd think it'd be that easy right? We know what we want, so why aren't we together?

I was just confused. Sure, I loved what was on the outside of him-any girl would! I just felt like I've really connected with him through the past couple months. I felt like I've gotten bits and pieces of someone that Bizzle really is, someone that no one else has ever got to know.

The start of December had moved in. You know how it goes, one day it's Halloween and the next day you see Christmas decorations in every corner of every building. Thanksgiving was a completely neglected holiday in my opinion, even though it was one of my favorites!

I was in the kitchen that evening, baking several dozen Christmas Cookies. When I'm nervous, I bake. I know it's weird, but it helps me calm down and relax. Focusing on something other than my painful thoughts.

So there I was, pounding away at my seventh set of cookie dough. That's when Vicky strolled in, the aroma made her smile as she stepped in the room. She tossed her bag to the side, jumping on to the bar right above the counter and glancing down at me.

"Hope you made enough for me! Those smell great!" She giggled watching me roll the dough aggressively.

I pointed at the stove behind me, stacked with 6 trays of cookies.

"Damn." She hopped off the stool and skipped to the cookies. "Why are you baking like you're feeding the US army?" She gaped down at all the trays of cookies.

I began rolling the dough into little balls and placing them down on the non-stick tray. "Because. I like baking. And you obviously like cookies, so, why not?" I slapped another cookie down.