5. Dare To Dare

Stacking two laundry baskets on top of one another and lifting them from the Laundromat in the basement to our dorm room was quite the challenge. Despite my struggles, I successfully made it back that evening.

I dropped the baskets too the floor, glancing over at Vicky sitting over the kitchen bar, opening some enveloped mail. "Well that's all our laundry. Washed. Dried. And clean." I explained catching my breath from the hike.

"You're the best!" Vicky smiled hopping off the tall stool and grabbing her basket.

I didn't mind washing her clothes. Since I was already going down to wash my stuff, I figured tossing hers in the washer beside mine was no big deal, "A few of Travis's things are in your basket too. I figured he'd want them washed too" I shrugged.

"Trust me. If you didn't wash them, they wouldn't have been washed at all" Vicky snickered scrunching her nose. I chuckled with my hands on my hips. Vicky carried her basket to the bedroom, I did the same with mine.

My room had stayed rather clean over the past month. I hoped it'd always be this way. I placed my basket of detergent scented clothes on my bed. Deciding to start folding them now was probably my best bet. If I stalled for even an hour I'd end up never getting to it.

I found a couple magazines that caught my eye when I was at work earlier. Cutting out magazine photos and pasting them onto a clean board was a major hobby of mine. I loved the idea of taking different things and turning them into one masterpiece. Some people take their collaging to a professional level, but I liked to just keep mine as my own personal reality get away.

I had screwed in a couple nails into the wall earlier that week, so when my project was finished I could hang it up. I hung up the empty board for now, until I got a chance to work on it this weekend. That's when I heard a knock on my bedroom door. "Come in" I called putting my magazines away in the bin below the board.

I turned around when I didn't hear someone walk in the room. I noticed a purple envelope on the floor right in front of the bottom crack of the door. Mila was printed on the front of it. I picked it up, opening my bedroom door to find Vicky standing across from me. She stood in her door way holding the same envelope in her hands, but with her name on it of course.

We walked out of our room toward one another. "Someone slid it under my door" Vicky said flipping the envelope over and opening the flap. I did the same to mine.

You've officially been invited to NOD. Meet at the E-brew coffee shop, off campus at 10pm sharp.

I looked up at Vicky, her card read the same thing. "N-O-D?" I asked confusingly rereading the short sentences.

"E-brew? Isn't that where you work?" Vicky asked. I nodded, closing the card and placing it on the counter.

"Who do you think it's from?" I asked realizing the person didn't sign their name off.

Vicky shrugged, "One of the guys?" She suggested doubtfully."I'm not really sure actually. I've never heard of this" She shrugged, "It sounds like fun though!"

I rose my brows, "Fun? You don't even know what it is?"

Vicky nodded,"That's the fun part!" She giggled, "I'm going, and so are you!"

I shook my head, "We don't even know who sent these Vick! We can't just show up at a coffee shop, in the middle of the night to meet with random people we don't know for some game" I explained.

Vicky shook her head, slapping her envelope down. "I know you. You know me. It's not random people! Besides, I'm sure whoever sent these out is someone we know and they probably invited our other friends too! You over think too much" She complained.