5. Reconsider

America left the huge forest, reflecting on what he did with Anon. He loved spending time with the secretive figure, and was excited to see him tomorrow.

America saw his house in the distance, nervous to how his parents were going to react. A bead of sweat rolled down his forehead, brushing it off almost immediately.

He soon stood on the small lawn up front, hearing the TV from inside blast music, probably from a movie. America walked to the front door, opening as gently as he could.

"I'm back." He said quietly. France got up from her seat, sprinting over to America. She wrapped her arms around him, tears in her eyes.

"Don't ever do that again." She whispered to America, worry hinted in her voice.

"I won't if you let me be friends with Russia." America replied, France letting go.

"America-" She paused, not knowing what to say. America shook his head, beginning to walk upstairs. "Why do you even want to be friends with him?" She finished, America nearly at the top of the staircase.

"He saved me from being put into hospital today." He responded coldly. UK overheard and gasped, following America up the stairs.

Except, he wasn't nearly as fast as his son was.

America went to his bedroom, slamming his door behind him. UK stood outside, carefully opening the door.

America's room was dark, his room was messy. He laid down on his bed, unmoving except for his breath.

"America, what happened today?" UK asked, sitting at the foot of his bed.

America sat up a bit, his dark glasses concealing his eyes. He had an expressionless face, forcing himself not to cry out in anger.

"North Korea grabbed me by my neck and pinned me to the wall. Russia was the only upstander who helped. He pulled North Korea off of me." America said quietly, UK having an angry expression covering his face.

"I'm going to call the school-"

"Dad, no, I'm fine, Russia helped me." America interrupted, UK tempted to get up. "Please, just let me be friends with him."

"..I'll think about it.." UK hesitantly responded, soon leaving the room. America laid back down, covering himself with his NASA duvet.

"You better try to do something with your fancy fucking magic." America said to himself, having it meant to be note for Russia.

America slowly drifted off into unconsciousness, the closed curtain blowing in and out, the windows open.

America hadn't eaten, but he wasn't hungry. He didn't feed Charlie, Canada could do it. He didn't watch the movie downstairs, it seemed boring.

America noted down what he hadn't done, his thoughts turning into a slur.

And with that, he was fast asleep.

~~~

The next morning, America for up. He still wasn't used to getting up early for school, but he knew it'd come to him soon.

America stretched, yawning. It was a new day, and later, a new meeting with Anon. He bit his lip, remembering what Anon said.

"Holy crap, you really can't contain your shit, can you?"

He laughed to himself, thinking that it was one of the quotes he'd ever heard. It explained himself so well, too. Even his parents didn't explain him that well.

Okay, maybe that was a lie.

Well, either way, he can couldn't wait to see Anon. America jumped out of his bed, putting on a NATO shirt and ripped jeans.

He ran downstairs, France making breakfast. America grinned, sitting at the long table, as France placed several plates on the table with bacon and eggs atop of them.

America noticed that none of his other family was there yet, only him and his mother sitting there.

"While it's just us two, I want you to know I want to give Russia a second chance." She whispered, taking the seat beside him. "UK is in our room, thinking if he should let Russia in our house."

America smiled even wider, hugging France's arm, startling her a bit.

"Thank you, mum." (I dunno, maybe 'mom', I'm just not bothered anymore.) France smiled, hugging America back.

"Well, let's eat our breakfast then." She said, pulling away. America nodded, digging into the bacon.

Soon after, Canada came downstairs, Australia coming down with him.

"Morning." Canada said, yawning. The two at the breakfast table waved, Canada and Australia sitting at opposite ends of the table.

"Where's daddy?" Asked Australia, his big eyes looking into his mother's.  France sighed, trying to find a way to tell the two.

"He's.. working... on something." She bitterly lied, trying to hide the truth from her only innocent children (plus New Zealand, but, y'know, who cares about her?).

"Oh, okay!" Australia exclaimed, instantly shoving all of food into his mouth.

"Manners." Said a voice from beside them. It was UK.

"I thought you were.." France pointed to America, America not giving a shit that she was referring to him.

"I'll tell you the details later." He said, brushing it off like it was nothing.

Suddenly, a reminder on America's phone went off. Crap, it was already time for him to leave.

"Shiiiii-" America cut himself off, trying not to scar the innocent child.
"iiiiiii-I've gotta go now!" America announced, taking off with his bag quickly.

"Wait up space boy!" Canada shouted behind him. Canada got up, hanging his own bag over his shoulder.

"We'll see you later, alright?" France said, the both of them nodding.

"America, I'll have your answer this afternoon. I have a few more things to do first.." UK said, America shaking his head rapidly.

"Wait, what's this about now-" Canada was cut off by America shutting the front door behind him. "Oh, come on!" He shouted, sprinting after his brother.

"Dad said something about having an answer? What was that about?" Canada asked, exhausted from running after America.

"Yeah, you don't need to know. I'll tell you later." America shrugged, Canada left in confusion.

After a few more minutes of walking, the school came visible. It looked huge from the outside, the school grounds massive.

The two sighed, preparing themselves for that day they called Tuesday.

America braced himself, shaking various different thoughts from his head. Poland, Germany, Japan and Russia were waiting outside the doors, probably waiting for him.

America refreshed himself once more, forming a large grin on his face. Here we go...