Side Stories: The Strong, the Honorable

Start from the beginning

The officers leave the tent, quickly separating to do what they are assigned or whatever they want.

Lord Marinov: "I would like to apologize on behalf of Lord Enaeius, Lord Peltaris." One of the officers says to the Darkrose leader.

Laurence Peltaris: "You don't have to, Lord Marinov. I just fear for our soldiers out there. They cannot fight in a place where they have little to no experience on." He replies to the officer. "We need to do something."

Lord Marinov: "Our hands are tied. We can't do anything, for now."

Laurence Peltaris: "sigh That is true. I wonder what could go well in this..."

- Back in the battlefield... -

Warden Hardrada: "... And that is how you fix a wound. Make sure you everything is clean before you do these steps." Hardrada says to the ashigaru as he watches the Knight treat the Seieibushi's wounds. Hardrada finishes and he stands up.

Hattori Seieibushi: "Why go so far to treat your enemy's wounds?" The Seieibushi says to the Knight as he sits up while groaning in pain. The Knight stays silent for a moment before replying.

Warden Hardrada: "Tell me," He says. "Why do you think we fight in wars like these?" He asks. The Seieibushi tries to find answers but to no avail. "It's sad how our leaders make war but not knowing it's consequences. We fight these wars because they give us purpose and a sense of security once we know the other side is cowering in fear. Other than that, we don't gain anything from these wars. At the end of the day, we're just pawns waiting for their turn kill, or be killed."

Hattori Seieibushi: "What you said has merit... What do you gain from helping someone outside of your territories?"

Warden Hardrada: "I may not gain anything from it, that I know. It is simply to imply that there are those who are open-minded enough to see through the lies that our ancestors left behind."

The two Samurai stood there staring at a man that they once saw their enemy. Before they can think of something else to say, war cries sounded from behind the Darkrose Warden. It's time for the two Samurai to go.

Warden Hardrada: "Go. Go! It's not safe here!" He says to them as he goes ahead to lead them away from danger.

The Imperial ashigaru slings the arm of the Hattori Seieibushi and attempts to carry him away, but they both fall. Nevil looks behind him to see their pitiful state. He half-runs towards them to help.

Warden Hardrada: "Come on! We must go!" He says as he grabs the Seieibushi's arm to help him up. Although it caused the Seieibushi more pain, he could care less as they are running out of precious time.

The three men somehow managed to escape the rampaging army of Knights and are now going through a thick part of the swamp away from plain sight, with the Imperial ashigaru pointing the direction.

Hattori Seieibushi: "Hattori Hanzo, my friend." The Seieibushi says to the Knight. "That is my name."

Warden Hardrada: "Nevil Hardrada of the Darkrose Legion. It's good that we can exchange names even if we met in undesirable circumstances." The Knight replies, giving his name as well.

Imperial Ashigaru: "I am Hideyoshi Hojo, great Knight." The ashigaru says this time.

Warden Hardrada: "It is great to meet people outside of my home, but 'great' might be an overstatement for me." The Knight says with a laugh. He pauses, causing the two to be alerted. "Ambush." He suddenly says. The two Samurai were confused until they heard shouting.