Freya felt what little temper she had rear up at the prejudice they had placed against him. He didn't choose the family he was born in. He didn't choose to be surrounded by those people.

But she had to count her small blessings, she supposed. The court took to her, obviously. Being so small and young, it was easy to win them over once she was brought in. Even though he still hadn't been given the maximum sentence, Freya figured a year was better than nothing.

She flipped herself over to lie on her back. The things that had happened all that time ago still frightened her when she thought of it. After all, Kace was still walking around somewhere, alive and possibly searching for Falcon at that moment. The possibility of them taking her again to act as bait continued to pop into her head, but she knew it was close to impossible.

Her father rarely let her out of his sight; if it wasn't him, it was some strange man Freya had never met and who never introduced himself. In short, Freya was kept under a watchful eye that rivalled the security around Area 51.

Or at least, that was how it felt.

Deciding she was sick of lounging around her room, Freya grabbed her phone and was up and out of her bed in seconds, heading outside the room. She came face to face with Kendra as soon as the door opened.

"Woah, slow down," Kendra chuckled slightly. "Where are you off to in such a hurry?"

She readjusted the basket of clothes in her arms to rest on her hip as Freya thought about her question for a moment before shrugging. She didn't really have a plan of where to go, she just knew she couldn't stand another second alone in her room.

Kendra took a moment to look over the girl's face and her lips twitched down into a frown.
"He's acting up again, isn't he?" her lips thinned into a straight line.

Freya shrugged again, letting her gaze fall to the floor.
"He's busy," she mumbled.

Kendra raised a single eyebrow before letting out a sigh. She placed the basket on the floor beside them before gentle holding Freya's head in place so her attention was brought back to her.
"No man is too busy for their woman," Kendra stated with a firm voice. "Doesn't matter what work he does. He has to find time for you."

Freya smiled a little at her protectiveness.
"He does find time for me," she assured. "I'm just a little... I don't know. Selfish, maybe? I always want more time than I'm given, but that's on me, not him."

Kendra stroked the sides of Freya's cheeks with her thumbs, a soft smile adorning her face.
"It's okay to need more," Kendra said softly. "It's not a bad thing and it's certainly not selfish."

There was silence for a moment and Kendra dropped her hands from Freya's face.
"Have you talked about this with him yet?" Kendra asked, her hands finding their place at her hips.

Freya shook her head, her lips pursing before she gave them a quick lick to soften the slight pain from their dryness. She bit into her bottom lip, chewing at the inside of her cheek as nerves filled her stomach. She couldn't imagine actually telling him. She'd rather just deal with it.

"Darling," Kendra's voice broke Freya out of her thoughts. "You cannot go through this relationship without telling the man how you feel. You have to communicate."

Freya's nose twitched as she let the words run through her brain. She tried to open her mouth to form a sentence but found that she couldn't. A breath escaped her as she closed her eyes and tilted her head back.

"I'll try," she said in a quiet voice, focusing back on Kendra.

Kendra's face lit up with a grin.
"Tell me how it goes," she encouraged, picking up her basket of clothes. "Now I've got work to do, but there's some food down in the kitchen if you're hungry."

Freya's stomach growled at the mention of food and a blush floated to her cheeks before she scurried off in the direction of the stairs.

She had to convince herself that it would be okay.
She would talk to him, he'd understand and they'd spend more time together. Maybe.

But as she sent a text through to his phone, she was beginning to doubt her ability to have this conversation.

Perhaps "we need to talk" sounded slightly too much like a breakup line.

~🎀~

I'm sorry. I know, it's late and I missed last week.

 I know, it's late and I missed last week