E N T R A N C I N G

"A sky full of stars and he was staring at her."

~Atticus~

~🎀~

W A K I N G  U P  without Falcon by her side was almost unnatural. All it took was two nights and she was hooked on the warmth and feel of his body cradling her as she fell asleep. She was done for.

A knock on her door alerted her to Kendra's presence and said lady walked through the door, breakfast tray in hand as her eyes scanned the room.

"That boy of yours left already, did he?" She asked, almost disappointed.

Freya felt her lips turn into a pout as she nodded. Was it possible to miss someone this quickly?

Her thoughts were interrupted by the smell of scrambled eggs and bacon and her expression lightened as she clumsily jumped out of bed. She skipped over to the small table as Kendra pulled out the chair for her.

Freya sat herself down, heartily digging into the meal in front of her. Kendra busied herself with Freya's hair, collecting the stray hairs above her ears and twisting them around her head before pinning them to the back of her head with a bobby pin. A gentle smile grew on her face as she ran her fingers through the length of Freya's hair; she reminded Kendra so much of her own daughter that it brought tears to her eyes.

With a kiss to the crown of Freya's head, Kendra picked up the empty plate and cup, loading them onto the tray.

"Have a good day at school, love," She murmured softly before making her way out of the room.

"Thank you, Kendra," Freya chirped as she sprung up from the chair.

She dressed quickly, pulling on a pair of short, ripped overalls over a thin, pink button up hoodie. She finished with a pair of full white chuck taylors and nodded to herself in the mirror. She looked cute, she decided. Hopefully, Falcon liked cute.

By the time Freya had made her way downstairs and into the back seat of the car, there were a good twenty minutes before classes began and she couldn't help but feel excited at the possibility of spending a little time with Falcon that wasn't spent sneaking around or surrounded by other people.

She knew she should have felt scared, or at least a little cautious after seeing him practically strangle her one friend - well, not the only one anymore - against her bedroom wall, but she knew he wouldn't have done it without reason. The wounded puppy eyes he gave her afterwards helped a little as well.

Jon pulled into the parking lot, dropping her off near the doors of the school before saying his goodbyes and driving back out. Freya was a little disappointed when she realised that Falcon wasn't waiting out the front as usual, but brushed it off as her being earlier than usual. She took out the phone that she rarely used, figuring a text was more useful than aimlessly searching for him in the halls.

 She took out the phone that she rarely used, figuring a text was more useful than aimlessly searching for him in the halls