Chapter one

Tris pov

My best friend Christina and I take a seat in the auditorium as the rest of the senior class files in to a seat.

Today is the day we start our senior project. Every year it's the same. It's the baby project. The teachers partner you up randomly with another senior and you and that person work with a robot human looking baby for a month.

I don't really care who I'm partnered with but it just can't be Tobias Eaton. Four. The legendary football captain Four.

He sleeps with every girl and him and his girlfriend are always off and on. He's so full of himself and thinks he's the best thing ever.

Name after name get called and I anxiously wait for mine.

Christina gets partnered up with a smart guy named will. They seem like they will work fine together.

Finally after all this waiting my name is called followed by...

Tobias Eaton

No. Why? Why me? Why him?

We walk up together to grab our packet and baby. Our science teacher Ms. McCormick hands us a girl.

"This is going to be interesting" he says looking at me and I sigh walking away. I grab my book bag from where I left it and hold the materials in my hand.

"Hey wait" Four says running after me

"Did I do something to upset you" He ask when he catches up to me

"Look I can take care of all the work. You don't have to help with anything. I will make sure to write your name on everything" I tell him

"I don't want that. I was looking forward to this project" he says

"I've never seen you but I'm Tobias, but call me Four for short" he says extending his hand out for me to shake it. I lightly shake back and give him a smile walking back away.

"Wait hold up" he says and I stop

"Your name is?" He ask

"Tris" I say

"Well tris. I'm happy to work on this project with you" he says

"The feeling is mutual" I say giving him a fake smile then walking away.

"Come to my place after school" he says and I turn around shocked.

He just invited me do his house. Not everyone gets invited to his place.

"For?" I question

"To work on the project. What else" he says and I giggle nodding.

"Okay fine I will see you then" I say and finally walk away and he doesn't stop me.