Chapter 9 - Torment

I'm awake, in a room with pristine walls and blinding white lights. There are no doors or windows, which means one thing — no way of escaping.

I try to move, but I'm buckled down securely on a hard bed. Desperately, I try to struggle but I'm too weak, and end up laying hopelessly on the uncomfortable bed.

My mind is racing with endless questions, worries and more. All I want is to be at home, huddled up on the sofa with Mum and my brother beside me. Instead, I'm laying on what seems like a piece of jagged rock, in a room with no way of escaping and probably in an island on another planet — knowing my luck.

My thoughts are interrupted when I hear footsteps on a squeaky floor. I glance down at my arms and see they have goosebumps, and the hairs are standing on end. My body is shaking violently as butterflies fill my stomach — not the good type, when you're about to go on a rollercoaster, but more like the type when you're buckled to a bed and someone is about to enter the room with no doors.

I feel so anxious, I feel like I might pass out any time soon. The tension causes sweat to creep up on me, and for my heart to thud in my chest uncontrollably. Tears are threatening to fall, since the worst feeling of all begins filling my stomach. A feeling I've had so many times in the past.

Homesickness.

The butterflies are so intense I feel sick, dizzy and the sweat is drenching my clothes. My hair is sticking to my wet forehead, but I can't move it out of the way as my hands are pinned down — and that just makes me feel frustrated.

I listen closely, despite how terrified I'm feeling, and hear the footsteps have stopped. Have they left? Thank goodne-

"Emma, help!"

My eyes widen and I lay motionless on the bed, despite I'm shaking violently. That voice sounds so familiar. Like I've heard it all my life.

"Turn your head Emma, I'm behind you!" The pleading voice cries out again and I feel my heart clench at her voice. Mum.

I whip my head around as far as it'll go and my eyes land on her. She's tied up to a smashed up wooden chair, her hands secured behind her as are her feet. There are so many purple, blueish bruises on her face and neck that almost make her unrecognizable, but she's my own mother, how can't I recognize her?!

"Mum?!"

She whimpers loudly as a fist comes in contact with her face. I follow its owner and look up to see a strange man, who looks oddly familiar.

Then I remember everything. Something just clicks in my brain, and I remember when I was at Adventure Experience, I picked up a book called Urban Legends. Everything seems much clearer...

He wears a leather mask that has holes for his mouth and eyes, and his deformed mouth is usually on full show. The mask colour is a sickly, pale yellow, making it clear and easy to see from a distance.

I feel as if my whole body has shut down. Fear overcomes me, as I don't know if this is a dream, a hallucination or reality. Leather Face, the man who murdered my friends, the man who ruined the rest of my life, is standing right before me. His mask on as usual, his evil look plastered on his face. And most importantly..

The chainsaw. Stained with reddish, brownish blood and the spikes looking more lethal than I'd ever seen them.

"Please... Please, please no," I plead, tears welling up in my eyes. The butterflies have gone crazy in my stomach, the sweat is pouring off my body, I'm shivering. I thought he was dead, we killed him, why is he here again?

"What do I have to do to get rid of you?" I scream, anger taking over. "Leave me the fuck alone!"

"I'll be with you till you die," he snarls, turning his attention to the chainsaw in his hands. He revs it up, chuckling sinisterly and walking closer to Mum. She sobs loudly, struggling to get away. I bite my lip so hard it draws blood, and the coppery taste fills my mouth. I don't want to cry, to look weak and helpless. I want to appear strong and in control for Mum, to calm her.

"I have a son," my mum started. Leather Face stopped moving closer and stared at her, confused. "You're a real person behind that mask. Do you have kids?"

He slowly shook his head.

"Well imagine you do. Imagine you have children you care for so very much, so much you want to protect them with your life. Are you imagining?"

He nods, his eyes directed at the floor.

"I have kids. Emma, she's my daughter, and my son Joe. I love them with everything I have. Would you want your children to die?" Her voice quivers at the end of the sentence. Leather Face shakes his head slowly.

"And imagine you were a child, you had parents, didn't you? Imagine how you'd feel if you watched them be killed before your very eyes, knowing you can do nothing to stop their pain. Imagine." I stare at Mum with wide eyes, at how she'd managed to somehow stop Leather Face from killing her straight away, how she'd got answers for her questions. I strongly admire her for it.

"I..." Leather Face's deep voice begins to speak, but cuts off as he realises how quiet and vulnerable he sounds.

"Emma," I look up. Mum is whispering my name. "What?" I ask.

"Get up. Quietly get up." I follow her orders sensibly and try to sit up, but the buckles are keeping me down too tightly. I glance at Mum and shake my head in dismay.

Leather Face hears me getting up, because he looks over towards me and starts coming closer. No longer does he look sad and even guilty, his eyes are stone cold and look angry.

"Trying to trick me, are we?" He glares at both of us as he revs up the chainsaw again, holding it high above his head. My body starts trembling as I realise what he's doing.

"Stop! Please, stop!" I plead, tears filling my eyes. He has an evil smile plastered on his face, which never seems to leave. The blade is coming down now, and I stop dead still in my tracks. The weapon is nearing my face, getting closer and closer and all I can do is wait...

"No, EMMA!"

***

A/N hallucination or reality? Find out in the next chapter! Also please do go check out my joint account, @AwesomeAuthors11. Would appreciate that so much. And msg me on Kik @ jadey800!!

You should also check out the account @-STOPBULLYING-, since it's an account to dedicated to help stop bullying and guess what! I'm one of the head members :D

Vote, comment and follow for a follow <3

Jadey