Chapter 20 - "Are we nearly there yet?"

[Updates will be a week or more to wait from now on]

"Please fasten your seatbelts as we are coming into landing. Thank you for flying with our airline today, we hope to see you again soon."

Everyone started to assemble in their seats, buckling up their seatbelts and shuffling around to get comfortable. I pulled my blanket off my legs and tucked it under the chair in front of me. Mum put her arm around my shoulder and gave me a small hug, probably to try and reassure me. I'm not sure it worked though.

Before I left the bathroom two days ago, I cleaned up the mess I'd made and rinsed the razor. When I got back to my room, Mum was calling for me but once she spotted me, she also noticed the marks on my wrist. I tried to make up an excuse by saying it was a large paper cut, however it wasn't the best lie — she cried and told me never to do it again. She also told Dad.

The tension between us all now was awkward, and although nothing had happened, my cheeks started to flame and I started to feel extremely hot. My clothes stuck to my body and I had to wipe my hands roughly on my leggings. That left handprints.

When eventually we landed and left the airport altogether, Dad's boss waved to us cheerfully. A little too cheerfully.. I started to think he was a bit crazy in the head, his hands flailing about randomly and a smile too large. Maybe he was trying to hide the fact he was sad inside? We may be more alike that I think.

Dad starts walking towards him, Mum and I follow.

"Hey! Great choice, the house is stunning. Just follow me in your car, I'll drive slow."

We got into our car, which had to be taken over here by boat, and followed Dad's boss with each turn he made. I was beginning to get more and more excited as we drove, as Lea- he who should not be named had not spoken to me at all so far.

Maybe we could have a fresh start? Maybe a new place was all I needed to get better? I didn't know yet, but things were starting to look up, and I could actually smile — without it being forced.

"Are we nearly there yet?" My brother beside me asked. I forgot to mention, but when my parents told him where we were going he was ecstatic. Seeing him with a massive grin on his face and jumping excitedly made me feel even more certain we were making the right choice.

Eventually, we pulled up outside. My brother and I stuck our faces against the window and gazed at the house, mesmerised. It was... Beautiful. Dad's boss certainly was right, the house was stunning.

It had a long, red-brick road leading up to it. The outside walls were white and had palm trees standing beside it. The roof was a warm red colour, like a hat for the walls. There was a big archway for the door, and along the outside of the house was a long patch of bright green grass, with purple, pink, red and white flowers in full bloom.

"Fu- flip, that is amazing," Dad gawped. I took a quick glance at everyone else and saw their eyes fixed on the house.

Suddenly, there was tapping on the window.

"Stunning, right? Come on, let me show you around."

Dad got out of the car, so the rest of us followed. The heat felt almost sticky and for a second it was hard to breathe, as I adjusted to the humidity. Shading my eyes from the sun, I followed Dad and his boss eagerly into the house.

The first room we entered was the living room, and it was indescribable. Shiny wooden floors, pristine leather sofas and a giant, flat-screen T.V. Obviously, my brother was most in awe of the T.V, but I liked the whole room altogether. It looked professional but wasn't too big that it felt like one of those homes for show. I loved it.

And the best part? My mind was too occupied to be thinking about Leather Face. Even his name didn't worry me.

***

A/N: I think the story will be coming to an end soon, seeing as Emma is relaxing now. Thank you all so, sooo much for reading this so far though! THANK YOU!

Jadey