T H I R T Y

"Are you ready for tour?" I asked Jonah who just exited his room with his bags.

We haven't talked about the event that happened three nights ago, mainly because I didn't want to. I thanked him for being there for me the morning after, of course, but he knew I wasn't ready to explain what had happened so he didn't pressure it.

He shook his head, "I love my fans and all, don't get me wrong, but we're so pressured with work. We're expected to get at least one song out every month this year while a music video is supposed o be produced. That plus tour is just a lot. We get heels, yeah, but they are only for a week or two then we're pushed back into work again."

I nodded. "I know I don't know entirely how you feel, but I understand where your coming from. I used to only care about filming videos and updating my social media's, but then I realized that I needed a break here and there. Now i'm comfortable doing that whenever. Sure, I get hateful DM's and such here and there, and angry parents telling me that since their child is giving me my fame, I own them by producing entertainment for them nonstop. But I know I need to focus on my wellbeing sometimes."

"I wish it was that easy for me," Jonah sighed, "The boys also feel the same way. We sometimes feel overly stressed with work that the fans notice we aren't acting or behaving the same. It sucks to know that sometimes our fans - people we hardly know - care more about us than our own management."

"Maybe you should talk to your agency about it? I'm sure they'd understand."

"I wish I could. The boys and I have tried, but it never seems to work. What we do is never enough. I love singing, I love tour, and I love being able to produce music for people to hear, but I want a decent break sometimes."

He looked legitimately upset, I could tell how much stress he was constantly under and sometimes it worried me. "Well tell you what, if you're ever worried or upset before or after a show, come find me and I'll do all that is possible to make sure you're better. I promise."

"You'd really do that for me?" He seemed surprised.

"Of course," I smiled and took one of his hands in mine, "Now come on, we're meeting the boys at the bus!"

When we arrived at the tour bus, the boys showed me to my bunk - which was above Jonah's - and told me I could decorate it or put anything in it I wished to.

Luckily, I had been smart and brought a small little bag that would stay in my bunk. I hung a little adjustable light by my pillow. I then also hung a container that would usually go in a locker at the end of the bunk and stuffed it with food. There were some random things scattered around such as some books I was reading or wanted to read, a journal, my laptop, and my charging chords and portable chargers.

I opened the little curtain to see Jonah about to open it. "Oh, hi."

I laughed and jumped out of my bunk, "What's up?"

"Do you need anything?"

"No," I chuckled, "I'm good for now. Thanks though, I appreciate it."

"Of course! If you ever need anything, I'm below you."

I stared at him with wide eyes, hoping he had just realized what he said. He looked at me in confusion before his eyes slowly widened also, "Oh no! I didn't mean it like that. God, Brin you're so dirty." He then proceeded to climb into his bunk and close the curtain also.

This tour, as awkward as it may be at times, will probably be some of the best memories I make.

And the best part, I'll be spending it with Jonah.

(a/n) word count; 664
ahah i have to get up at 6am tomorrow to spend 8 hours in a car