T W E N T Y - N I N E

"Do you really have to go?" I asked my parents, already annoyed at the fact that they were leaving once again to go out on their own. I hate being stuffed up in this tiny house with nothing to keep my occupied besides my phone.

"We'll be back before you know it," My mother smiled, "Invite over a friend, if you would like. We won't be as late as we usually are, I can promise you that."

"Whatever, have fun, I guess." I rolled my eyes and stomped down the hallway to my room, making sure to slam the door shut.

I hated being mean to my parents but I was already agitated, and my parents leaving once again was making it worse.

Ten minutes later came a knock on my front door. Being the suspicious person I am, I grabbed the pepper spray I kept in my nightstand drawer and made my way back down the hallway. I opened it to reveal the man dressed up in an officers uniform.

"Hi, are you Brinley Firley?" He asked, receiving a nod in reply. "May I come inside?"

"Uhm, sure..." I replied, shutting the door behind him and led him to my living room. We both took a seat on my couch and I knew I was about to receive new I didn't want.

"I hate to have to be the one to say this," He took his cap off with a sorrowful look in his eyes, "You're parents were in a terrible accident on the highway. They were air-cared to the hospital... It doesn't look like they'll make it. I'm so terrible sorry."

There were now tears streaming down my eyes. My voice was barely audible as I spoke, "No..."

"No!" I screamed, pounding my fist against the headboard of Jonah's guest bed.

I heard footsteps run down the hallway and hurriedly open my door. A pair of arms picked me up and pulled me into their lap.

"Brin... Shh, it's okay." Jonah a familiar voice soothed, running his hand through my hair, "It's okay. It's just a dream, don't be scared, I'm here."

The tears streaming down my face kept falling and I couldn't help it, they wouldn't stop. My body was shaking as the memories of the night I lost my parents kept coming back.

These nights used to be common, but I rarely had them anymore. So, the fact that I had one tonight was weird. I felt extremely embarrassed since I woke Jonah up.

"I'm sorry..." I muttered, pushing my head deeper into Jonah's chest as he rocked us back in forth in an attempt to calm me down.

"Don't be. I don't know what happened, but I'll spend the rest of the night with you." He laid us back against the pillows and covered my calming body with the blanket.

He was still holding me, and I wasn't objecting. I felt safe, like I finally had someone who was going to make sure I was okay.

My eyes got heavy, and Jonah wiped the tears away from my face and pulled me closer. Which was nearly impossible since we were already very close.

"Go to sleep."

And I did.

jonahmarais

♥️410k | 💬none | 👥nonejonahmarais; i'll be waiting for when the time is right to call you mine

jonahmarais; i'll be waiting for when the time is right to call you mine.

comments have been disabled for this post

(a/n) word count; 560
i can't, lol sorry it's such a short update.