T W E N T Y

I woke up to Jonah missing from his side of my bed. He was leaving to go back to LA early tomorrow morning, so we decided to spend the whole day together as much as we could, which is why I was surprised to see him up at nine am.

I thought maybe I had gotten the days wrong and that he was leaving today. But I realized that was a stupid thought and smiled when I saw Jonah walk out of my bathroom.

"Good morning, hoenah." I laughed as he groaned and turned to do his hair in my vanity mirror. He continued to ignore me as I tried repeatedly to get his attention, even throwing multiple pillow at him to annoy him. "Oh come on, you can't be mad that I chose Dani's side yesterday."

He turned to me with a frown, "You're supposed to be my best friend, not his! And having such a huge role in my life means you're supposed to take my side when Daniel decides to expose me like that."

I shrugged, getting up out of bed and grabbing some clothes from my dresser. "Hey, it's not my fault Dani had some pretty great photos and videos. I mean come on, you can't post a video of your grinding and expect it not to come back to bite you in your ass."

Walking into my bathroom, I saw Jonah roll his eyes with a laugh out of the corner of my eye causing me to shake my head with a small chuckle. "You certainly are one strange person, Brin. I don't know why I put up with you."

"You put up with me because apart from me being 'strange', I'm literally the only person who will put up with your moody behavior when you don't have coffee, and even after you have coffee. Sometimes you can act like a grouchy old seventy year old man." I yelled through the clothes door as I slipped on my clothes before existing to do my makeup.

Jonah walked over to me and grabbed my makeup bag before I could get anything out of it to apply to my face. "You know you don't need makeup, right?"

"Do you see my face right now? I can't even describe how terrible I look." I really did look terrible. I was up late night making the gift I wanted to give Jonah before he left tomorrow so my face was oddly pail and I had giant bags under my eyes.

He shook his head before setting the bag in one of my vanity drawer. "Don't lie, Brin. You know just as well as I do that you look gorgeous. So I'm not allowing you to wear makeup... Sorry."

"Whatever. Just don't be to embarrassed when pictures start going around of you with me. The captions on those photos would probably go something like 'Jonah Marais seen with some weird witch looking adult! What could possibly be wrong with him? That idiot!'"

He laughed at what I assumed was my stupidity. "You know, Brin. You can be so extra sometimes."

Shrugging once again, I said, "Oh well, you still love me so it's fine."

Jonah and I had decided to go to the mall to shop around for a bit before heading to the Ohio river that was only about a ten minute drive from the mall. This was all happening after we got our morning coffee, of course.

I decided I needed to upload a video for this week and the best idea I could come up with was a shop with me, featuring Jonah. He was surprisingly really excited to film the video, and had even decided he would buy me an outfit or two and then I would try it on back home. I would then proceed to rate his outfit choices out of ten.

"Hello guys!" I greeted into my camera. We were currently sitting in my car outside of the mall so I could film my intro. "Welcome back to another video, or welcome to a video of this is your first time on my channel. Today I'm joined with my best friend - not Ali or Ashton, they're probably making out - Jonah Marais!"

"Hi." Jonah waved at the camera when I turned it to look at him before I turned it back to myself so I could continue doing the intro.

"In today's video, I decided to film a come shop with us since I needed a video idea and we were going to the mall anyways. But there's a twist; Jonah decided he would buy a few outfits for me to be forced to wear. And when we get home, I would try them on."

"You sound nervous." Jonah laughed.

"Well, sir hoenah, your style may be fine, but you're not a girl. So you might have a heard time picking out clothes for me."

He shook his head and spoke into my camera, "No, I got this. I can't believe you're actually doubting me right now."

"Of course not!" I defended myself, "It's just... Well I don't really even know if I'm being honest."

I turned my camera off and hopped out of the drivers seat, Jonah doing the same but of course jumping out of the passenger door. We began walking to the entrance of the mall as I received a few strange looks from people as they noticed my camera.

They probably thought I was some strange stalker who was hear of film people or children. I mean, it's totally understandable. A few weeks ago someone got arrested here at this exact mall for taking photographs of children without any consent. It was a shock to a lot of people here. Kentucky isn't the best place to live, but no one really could have expected someone to get arrested for such a disturbing crime.

"What's store do you want to go to first?" I asked Jonah as we rode up one of the escalators, no specific destination in mind.

"Uh, you pick. The malls in LA are a lot different than the ones here."

"Oh right, let me guess, the malls in LA have told trimmings since you guys are so boujee. The windows I giant, overlooking the city in all it's pollution glory! The entrance has guard on either doors to protect the wealthy people entering the marvelous, castle-like building. Your stores consist of Gucci, to Chanel, to anything fancy. Nothing is priced lower than one hundred dollars." I joked, "Would I be correct?"

"Haven't you been to LA? Don't you know what the malls are like there? I mean, haven't you been to one of them?"

I shook my head, "No. I prefer to stick with my Kentucky clothes and not get trapped by the wealth of LA. And I use my money for good, not spending one thousand dollars on a sweatshirt from Gucci. No, but seriously, their clothes aren't even that cute."

I saw Jonah's cheeks turn a light shade of pink as he glanced down at the Gucci sweatshirt he was currently wearing.

"Don't worry, hoenah, the only one who I judge wearing Gucci is Zach. Why do you trust the high school dropout with all that money?"

"Uhm, Brin, sweetie, the last time I checked you were also a high scool dropout and claimed you related so much to Zach because of that fact."

I glared at the brunette, "Oh, shut up"

(a/n) word count; 1248
i'm lowkey happy with this chapter lmao.

oh and i've also released i think five chapters of my zach book so far if you want to go give it a read!

this chapter was written in advance. today has been littered shit. i got home and it was announced my dog ran away, then there was a storm and like seven tornado warnings so idk if she's okay or not. my friend was hit by a car too. after school. my friends witnessed it happen, and i was down the street when it happened. she's doing fine now, but please keep her in your prayers if you can.