Chapter fourteen - The Other One

When I walk into Roman's room, it's as if I just walked into a fairytale. The room is bursting with red everywhere, the rug, his bed, and even the rim of his window! One side of his room is a red wall and red shelves filled with a bunch of trophies. I put my bag on the floor and walk over to them to get a better look. On the base, is says ROMAN PRINCE, BEST FOOTBALL PLAYER OF 2001. Roman is just fixing up his messy bed, I look his way.

"You played football?" I asked him. He turns to me and just giggles nervously.

"Uh, yeah, I wasn't really the best player. Football wasn't the only sport I played though..." He replies, walking over to me and taking a trophy next to the one I had off the shelf. "I used to do track and field, soccer, baseball, you name it. My parents always wanted me to find something I enjoy. But once I found theater, it stuck to me throughout middle school."

"So you were a jock. No wonder you're so buff." I state. He blushes and scratches the back of his head.

"Heh, kind of, I still do theater, but don't really despise fitness, I mean, speak for yourself! Look at you!" I look at myself. I am pretty skinny, all I do is sit on the couch.

I hiss. "Shut up." I put the trophy back onto the shelf. I look around his room more, his bed is like those from a Disney Princess movie, they have the curtains around them, which are of course red. He has a desk in the corner which is white, with a computer on top of it. Another thing on it is a black binder. I open it and there's a bunch of pictures of Roman with a girl taking selfies, from what it looks like is they're in different countries.

"Uh, that's, my ex - girlfriend. We dated for a year. We would travel a lot, she was rich so her parents would bring me everywhere. Later on she broke up with me because she didn't feel the same way, but I didn't take it that hard because I became bisexual. So we're still friends to this day." He explains. I look at him, then the scrapbook again. They look so happy.

"Are you still bi? Or are you-"

"HEY KIDS, THE PIZZA'S HERE!" Thomas calls. I jump and look at Roman, he looks a little embarrassed, he smiles slightly, I smirk back at him. He goes to the door to leave and I follow behind him, closing his door once I leave. We head to the kitchen where there are two pizza boxes open and paper plates in front of the two boxes. Thomas is sitting at the table and someone who I don't recognize is standing next to him. He has blonde hair, skinny, just like me :3, he has a white and black striped shirt and blue jeans. They both are eating a slice of pizza. I jump at the sight of the other man.

"Virg, this is my other dad." Roman introduces. The blonde guy waves before setting his pizza down onto his plate and wiping his hands.

"I'm Jon, it's nice to meet you!" He greets. "We've heard many great things about you." Roman blushes.

"O-Oh, uh, y-you have?" I stutter. Soon enough I start shaking, but Roman grabs my hand and holds it. We both look at each other, Roman smiled at me.

"Don't be shy." He whispers. A smile jerks across my face and I blush.

"I-I'm just glad that I'm not the only one with homosexual parents." I accidentally blurt out. I cover my mouth. "I-I'm sorry! I didn't mean to-"

"Virgil it's alright, we aren't offended! I think it's pretty neat that we aren't the only ones." Thomas says. I shrink down into my hoodie, hoping that I can disappear. "Feel free to grab some  pizza! We're going to be super busy today!" I stand there confused, why are we going to be busy?

Roman let's go of my hand and grabs a slice for both me and him. I give him a small smile and he smiles back.

"Look at you being a gentleman." Jon swoons. He smiles at both of us and I freeze again. "So we heard from Mr. Walt Disney that you two have a chorus assignment. Is that true?" I can't help but smirk. I like that nickname. I like it a lot. Roman scowls.

"Yep, sounds about right." I confess. I glance at Roman, he is stuffing his pizza in his mouth. But I just look back at my pizza, taking a huge bite.

"Alright. So do you guys have a song in mind?" Thomas asks. I shake my head. "Well I guess we can start with that. Did you set up in your room Ro?"

"No not yet." Roman mumbles from his pizza. I take another bite of mine.

"Are you guys going to share a bed? Or do I need to make Virgil one on the ground?"

I choke on my pizza.