"I knew it."

"Nah... it's not like that ma... I just.." "You're used to me doing it, I know." She spoke finishing his sentence.

"I'm sorry ma." He apologized placing a kiss on her forehead.

"It's okay." She replied sitting up.

"Aw man." She mumbled covering her face. "What?"

"I ordered us some pizza... I know it's cold." She stressed.

"Yeah it is, I'll make us something after my shower." He told her getting up.

"I can't believe I was out for that long."

"I'm just glad you're straight, you gotta stop giving me mini heart attacks." He half joked and she smiled faintly.

"I'm working on it." She replied picking up her giraffe and hugged it.

"You ok?" He asked cutting the bathroom light on.

"Yeah." She answered laying back. "You sure?"

"Yes." She replied then smiled.

"Aight." He nodded walking into the bathroom, she turned over and stared at the wall.

**

DAJON
The next day

"Morning mama K." Dajon greeted embracing Karen.

"Good morning baby boy, no school today?" She asked waving at Bryson before she closed the door.

"Nah, it was staff day." He replied following her into the kitchen. "You ready for Christmas break?" She asked flipping the French toast.

"Yes ma'am, I'm excited to see what Louisiana is about." He answered sitting at the table.

"You never been?" She asked taking the muffins out the oven.

"You always cook this much for breakfast?" He asked.

"Every meal, I got used to King being here and him eating. Now I just cook and save." She replied.

"Oh ok and nah I never been there, is it a nice place?" He asked.

"Yeah, depending on the neighborhood and city. But it's pretty good."

"You got homework?" She asked nodding towards his bag.

"Just the last of my work I didn't finish." He replied removing his binder from his book bag.

He worked on his algebra homework while she finished cooking.

"You got any little girls chasing after you?" She asked handing him his plate.

"Chasing? Nah, I'm just trying to graduate honestly." He told her and she smiled.

"You're still a virgin?" She asked and he laughed staring at his work.

"Nah." He mumbled and she snickered.

"Does Renae know?" She quizzed. "Un uh."