38.) Bad Decisions

KINGSTON
Same day

"What the hell happened to yo lip?" Jamel asked looking at a pissed off Lincoln. 

"Red ass clocked me in it." He answered walking towards the back.

"Red?"

"Shorty name." King clarified as he scanned the living room.

"She in the bathroom." Ace announced helping Trouble pick up the money.

"What'd y'all do to her?" Ty asked as King headed down the hall.

Approaching the bathroom door, he knocked lightly.

"Babygirl it's me." King spoke then knocked again.

Hearing the lock turning, he twisted the doorknob then pushed the door open.

Walking in, he closed the door behind him and joined Renae inside the tub. 

"What happened?" He asked.

"I don't wanna talk about it." She mumbled looking down at her hands.

"This tub kind of small ma, you know I got long legs." He joked and she smiled softly.

"Talk to me, you want to go beat someone up?" He asked earning a soft laugh from her.

"No... I just freaked out." She replied folding her arms then sighed.

"Tell me about it."

Taking a deep breath, she looked over her finger tats.

"I just had a flashback to killing that guy and kind of went all crazy on them." She told him.

"They asked if I killed someone."

"It triggered you?" He asked and she nodded.

"One moment I was here and the next minute I was gone."

"Do you want me to take you home?" He questioned.

"No... kind of embarrassing to freak out on the first day of work like this."

"Das normal, this something you ain't used to." He reminded.

"You see what I mean when I said I get crazy when I'm alone for too long?" She asked and he nodded.

"You're not crazy though, just trying to get through the storm." He assured.

"I thought I had it together." She mumbled.

"There's always gonna be some setbacks, life never goes as planned ma." He told her.

"I'm realizing that now." She replied laying her head on his arm.

"I think I should take you home Nae."

"No... I'll be ok here I promise." She assured.

"Aight, let me go holla at dem real quick." He replied and she sat up.

Climbing out the tub, King helped her out and she sat on top the counter while he left out the bathroom.

"She aight?" The twins asked. "She'a be straight." King replied as he headed into the living room.

"Aight look." He started as he looked at the guys.

"Keep da questions to a minimum. Don't invade her personal space and whatever extreme shit y'all wanna ask run it by me." He told them.

"How we supposed to get to know her?" Dylon asked.

"When she's ready nigga." He replied giving him a look.